10 Influential Books In My Life

Yesterday I got three out of four essays done and I started the fourth one.I did it, I completely sucked the life out of a Macbeth paper. Though when you look at your laptop screen and it becomes blurry and everything is spinning you should probably stop. So I went to bed and today I have to study for a ridiculous Latin and government test and finish that stupid essay about corporal punishment in public schools. Joy. So I thought that it would make me happy to talk about some influential books in my life.



    1. Harry Potter, I remember hearing about Harry Potter for the first time and still thinking that JK Rowling was a guy...yeah I was stupid. These books are going to be the books that I read with my kids and hope that they have love it as much as I do. This seriously was my childhood.














    2. Because Of Winn Dixie, I can't even tell you how many times I have read this book. I think it's about ten. I don't remember. I loved Opal and her story, she was a fantastic narrator. I didn't read as much as a kid but I could re-read this book over and over. 














    3. Are you there God? It's me Margaret. I read this book in fourth grade and I loved it. Judy Blume can write about growing up and becoming a teenager perfectly. Of course I have re-read this book so many times. I was exactly like Margaret when I was her age, worrying about the same things. I also loved that Judy held nothing back and told the story as it should have been. 












    4. Chicken Soup for the teenage soul, I read this book before I was a teenager and I loved it. It talks about serious issues. Guys, teenage moms, sex, rape, abuse, suicide and other stories. It always amazed me that when I read a new story that a person actually decided to send that insanely personal story for the benefit of other teenagers.  













    5. Nancy Drew, I am a HUGE Nancy Drew fan. I remember reading the books and playing the computer games with my friends. On Halloween we would play the scariest game and turn all the lights off and scare the crap out of each other.I really wish I could go back to those days. My Mom read these books and watched the TV show and got me hooked. So thanks Mom. 












    6. Twilight, don't even judge. This is the book that got me reading, really reading. My aunt told me about the books and I read about them and I really wanted to read them. My Mom went out to Borders (post bankrupt.) and bought the book for me. I read that book so fast I NEEDED the next one. I remember thinking I was going to read for about thirty minutes, that thirty minutes turned into four hours. When I saw the last movie in the theaters and the credits came on and I began to sob, the whole way home. I didn't handle it well. 









    7. Speak, I read this book in fifth grade and it was absolutely appalling to me. I didn't know much about rape and this book is beyond realistic. You feel so much empathy for Melinda and what she goes through as she enters high school with nothing. How she finds peace with making art. It's sad that the movie couldn't do the book justice. Sorry not sorry Kristen Stewart.












    8.Heaven is for real, This book made me cry so much. It also deepened my faith and my love for God and Jesus immensely. Todd Burpo tells the story of how is son went to heaven beautifully. It also gives us a peak as to what heaven is really going to be like someday. I am so glad that they are making a movie of this true story. I hope they stay true to the story. 











    9. Eat, Pray, Love. I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did until I read it. The journey that Elizabeth Gilbert is one that I wish we could all go on. She shows that we don't all have to settle for a life that we don't want.












    10. The Fault In Our Stars. It would be so wrong of me to not mention this book. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this book. It changed the way that I looked at illness and that love, you know the real kind does exist. John Green writes beautiful simplistic yet heart wrenching story about cancer. 













    DFTBA
    -AB

    Comments

    Popular Posts