"The cold never bothered me anyway" (Elsa's words, not mine)

     Well, if you haven't guessed, I kicked off my weekend by seeing Frozen in theaters for the second time (it's still showing at the mall!!!) It was just as good as, if not better than, the first go around, and I totally would go see it a third time, but I'd like to avoid anymore theater related drama for a little while--the experience at the mall theater tonight was quite frustrating.

 
Everything That Went Wrong At the Movies
 
     1. First off, we (me and MF, same friend I went to see Frozen with last time) were going to go to the 4:15 showing at one theater because it was a sing along version (!!!), but by the time we would have been able to get a ride, it would have been too late, so we had to go to a later showing at the mall theater instead.
 
     2. We get to the mall theater and rush inside because we're already late for the 4:50 showing (also a sing along!!!), and the lines are really long, so we decide to wait and go to the 7:30 showing instead.
 
     3. We walk around the mall for two and a half hours, accidentally break some jewelry, smell every candle in Bath and Body Works, ride the escalators at JCPenney's, try on sunglasses and hair accessories at Claire's, then finally head back to the theater around 6:45.
 
     4. We get in line at the box office, but then see that the cost of a ticket is $10, and we brought $20 exactly, so we wouldn't have enough for tax. Thoroughly pissed off, we clumped through the mall discussing any possible ways of acquiring $1.20 in the next 30 minutes. Our possible options were as follows:
      -steal the tip jar at Auntie Anne's
      -sing duets and collect donations
      -try to pass MF off as an 11 year old and buy her a child's ticket
      -target some loserish looking boys and act very very friendly in order to bribe them into giving us money
      -flag down a guy that used to go to our high school that was roaming the mall and ask him for cash
      -and finally, the best plan of them all, steal coins from the wish fountain. Unfortunately, security guards were milling around near the fountain. But seriously, there were tons of quarters in there. What dumbo makes a wish with a whole twenty five cents? A penny is good enough.
 
 
     5. Finally, we just called MF's mom, and surprisingly, she agreed to come bring us money, but by then it was already 7:07, so by the time she got there, we figured we'd have missed the first few minutes of the movie. We waited anxiously in the freezing cold theater area for like 40 minutes until she finally got there, and then bought out tickets. By some miracle, even though it was already like 7:50 and the movie started at 7:30, we didn't miss anything! We didn't even miss that stupid Mickey Mouse thing in the beginning! (Although I kind of wish we had).
 
     6. The movie WASN'T A SING ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naturally, MF and I sang along anyway, but what the heck???????!!!!
 
     7. We left the movies after it was over (like I said, we enjoyed it just as much as the first time) and circled around the whole mall in the freezing cold looking for MF's mom's car and stupid me didn't wear a coat.
 
     8. Almost got ran over by a car because we forgot to look both ways before crossing the parking lot. MF's mom was pretty freaked out about that.
 
     9. Politely declined an invitation to go out to eat afterwards because my mother had informed me that there would be pizza left over for me when I got home. Got home, NO PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My family decided to eat out instead of dine in, and no one informed me, so there were no leftovers!
 
And that brings you back to where I am now, at home in my pajamas on my computer starving to death cuz there's no freaking pizza. But still glad to have had a fun but bittersweet evening with one of my best friends. :)
 
Movie Recommendation: Uhhhhh, Frozen again, duh!
                                                            -VaughnDL
 


Comments

Popular Posts