IT WAS BEAUTIFUL

     I'm about to push the play button on The Fault in Our Stars trailer. I'm expecting great background music and a lot of fangirling (on my part). Hopefully the trailer will incorporate some of the humor of the book and not just be totally depressing... Here it goes!
     OH MY GOSH!! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY PERECT! I CAN'T EVEN..... OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE TO WATCH IT AGAIN.
     I was right!!! A beautiful song! "We're on Our Way" by Radical Face!! As soon as the first notes of it came out I wanted to start screaming and laughing and crying and goosebumping. 
    Oh my gosh, and when Shailene Woodley's face was all red and tears were streaming down her face, and she says "You gave me a forever within the numbered days and I can't tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity" I was like "That- that is a good actress." 
     This is going to be the best movie ever!
     I can't believe this is happening!
     And when Hazel says "I'm a grenade."... that was so... ahh! No words.
     And when Gus confesses his love straight from the book...
     And when he says "So. What's your story?" and Hazel says "I was diagnosed when I was thirteen" and Gus says "No, no, no. Your real story."
     That- that is a good actor. 
     Oh my oh my oh my.
     *   *   *
     I had to take a brief intermission of candy eating to calm myself down. Yes, that's right. Candy. No judging.
     I can't believe this is really happening. I can't believe that such a wonderful work of fiction is becoming a wonderful movie of fiction. Or would that be actuality? I don't know. It's amazing.
     I imagine that right now, AB is sobbing and being totally incoherent and DL is using big words and getting super excited.
    I'm going to go ahead and publish this so that I can read their reactions.

Day Sixty-Eight Song Recommendation: "We're on Our Way" by Radical Face. This is the song (one of them, at least) from the trailer. It's a beautiful song by a beautiful band, so I'm not at all sorry for recommending a second Radical Face song in just a few days. I haven't even gotten to my very favorite Radical Face song yet.


P.S.

DL, AB, and me in the hallway this
morning.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts