I'm Inspirationless

     I'm not as avid of a writer as DL and AB are, but I do enjoy it. But there's a problem. I don't have any ideas. This has been going on for the past few weeks. I've been entering free writing contests (never pay to enter a contest!!!!) to try to get my "writing gears" in motion or whatever, but it hasn't worked. So instead of writing, I spend my time surfing the Internet, procrastinating, and being lazy. It kind of sucks. I surf Pinterest under the alias of "finding inspiration", but wind up in the humor section, perusing future hairstyles, or stalking DL's 1.9k likes. Basically, I'm a hopeless case.
Behind this door, inspiration lies.
And the thing is, all of it just kind of adds up on itself. I don't have any ideas, so I don't feel like writing, so I don't write, so I don't have any ideas... You get the point. Eventually I guess I'll just have to stop mucking around, sit myself down, and decide to crush the cycle. I don't know when that eventually is going to happen. Maybe today. Maybe next month. Maybe in a few seconds...
     Yeah. Didn't happen. 
     But speaking of next month: it's going to be February soon! I'm so glad. I don't know whether it's just me, but January feels like it hogs up entirely too much time and drags itself on and on and on and I'm just kind of fed up with it. January has lasted more than a month. At least it certainly feels like it. January is a bit selfish. A bit cold... Haha, see what I did there?
    Anyway, happy January 28th everybody! Woohoo. Yeah. Um. See you tomorrow. Actually, write at you tomorrow. Bye. 


Day Sixty-Seven Song Recommendation: "Broken Chair" by Chris and Thomas. I don't know why I like this song so much. I just do. This is my writing song. Actually, that's not true. I listen to lots of songs (thank you, Pandora!) when I write, but I like this one in particular. I think what I love about it is that it kind of conforms to whatever you're feeling. It can be happy if you're happy, sad if you're sad, and so on...
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts