I Meant To Post This Yesterday, Sorry

     SE's post rang all too true with me. I'm lacking inspirations as well lately, which sucks because I love to write and have nothing to write about!!! That's an awful feeling. And I spend way too much of my time on YouTube watching Fanvids, and stalking literally everything on the internet pertaining to Emma Approved (because I'm going through horrible withdrawal, and it's on hiatus for another week before FINALLY returning). And what's the point? I mean, I have a great book sitting on my bed begging to be read (The Glass Castle), and I really am enjoying reading it, in the two minutes a day I give myself to sit down and actually read it instead of surfing the net! Why am I such a bed-potato? (That's what I proclaim myself to be, because that's where I sit to surf the internet on my kindle). I literally get into bed around 9 o'clock every night and lull myself to sleep by the glowing screen of my kindle. It's all the 21st Century's fault! If this were 1985, I would be spending my time doing so many better things, because there was no such thing as the totally and completely amazing kindle fire, or the iPad, or the iPod or anything with "i" in front of it at all. I'm sure it was great, because no one knew any better! I mean, imagine being impressed by a Walkman?! I wish I could have experienced that.
     Anyway, I do actually have something legitimate to write about, so here it is:

Movie Recommendation: About A Boy. I watched the movie about a year ago, and thought it was really good. I didn't realize that it was based on a book until I was browsing through my kindle library and found it just chilling between The Lightning Thief and Animal Farm. I was like "wow, I didn't know this was a book! I bet it's kind of dumb". So I started to read it, and it was so good! The internal monologues were so poignant (that sounded really pretentious, sorry) and the dialogue was so unbelievably real. I've gotta say, it's up there on my list of favorite books. And after reading it, I rewatched some parts from the movie, and it turns out the movie does something that's really really rare in a book-turned-movie: they use direct quotes from the book! That's what I love about The Help too. Anyway, besides using direct dialogue, the actors they chose for the movie adaptation of the book were stellar. There are quite a few big changes between the book and the movie, but I think they overall point of the story gets across equally as well in both forms, so the book is definitely worth reading, and the movie is a great watch. Here's the trailer:


Almost halfway through the week!!!
                                  -VaughnDL

P.S. In case you were wondering, because I find this quite interesting, the little annoying bad-haircut kid in About A Boy is Nicholas Hoult, who plays R in Warm Bodies, and that weird hand-foot guy from The X-Men. Freaky right? He was such a goofy looking kid!

Comments

Popular Posts