Do You Want to Build a Snowman???

     Right now I'm somewhat distressed because for supper tonight my Mom is making tuna noodle casserole, and I'd very much rather gnaw my own limbs off than eat that. On the bright side though, I have something fun to talk about today!!
     So I've really wanted to write about this for almost a week now, but I just haven't had any sufficient time to sit down and do a full length blog post since the 25 Things About Me tag. So I'm sorry that this is like, way past due, but here it is:

Movie Recommendation: Frozen!!!!!!! If you have been functioning properly in society for the past few months, then I'm sure you've noticed the totally crazy cult-like fandom surrounding Disney's newest classic princess movie Frozen, and let me tell you, the obsession is totally justifiable. I went to see it the very day before it left theaters (last Wednesday) and it was sooo good! Now I know that not everyone is a huge fan of Disney movies (ahem ahem, SE), and even I'm not like, a number one fangirl of every Disney princess movie, but I do enjoy them on occasion. (My favorites are Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tangled, and now Frozen can be added to the list of faves.) If you haven't seen it, I'm sorry, because I know right now it's in that exruciating flux between being in theaters and being released on DVD, so there's little to no way of seeing it until it does come out on DVD. Anyway, it was just so stinking cute, I can't even handle it! I don't want to give away any spoilers, because there are some huge plot points that just should not be given away, but I will tell you the following things about it:

1. Never before have I loved a snowman so much. Olaf is just an incredibly endearing character, and pretty hilarious. I think he's at the top of the list for "most adored Disney princess sidekicks".

2. Even though he's no Flynn Rider (who is, without a doubt, the greatest Disney heart throb out there) Kristoff is definitely high on the charts for coolest/sweetest/cutest (yes, animated characters can be attractive!) Disney dude, and he seemed, to me at least, one of the most realistic Disney characters. I mean, he had a real personality instead of just rugged charm and a nice body like most Disney dudes.

3. I loved the cultural stuff that they fit into the movie. Frozen is based on the fairy tale "The Snow Queen" which, if I'm not mistaken, comes from Norwegian folklore (that's what the internet told me, sorry if it's wrong), and so I found it interesting the aspects that Frozen brought in from the Scandinavian culture such as the clothing and some of the background music, and the presence of Sven, the reindeer.

4. The songs were catchy. I often find the musical aspect of Disney movies to be the most annoying part, but the songs from Frozen were actually really cute. I've had "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" stuck in my head for days.

5. The story is just really unique, and the characters were relateable. I mean, I had a hard time relating to Cinderella as a character just because she's kind of plain and flat, but Elsa and Anna and Kristoff and Olaf and all the other Frozen peeps had actual personalities. Anna and Elsa weren't just your typical dainty princesses.

So there you have if folks. Frozen is definitely worth the watch. And oh my goodness, Tumblr is about to explode from all the fan posts about it! It's insane!!! Here's one of the songs from Frozen for you to enjoy.

On the topic of frozen things, it's supposed to be super duper freezing outside tomorrow, so please don't get frost bite!!!!!!!!!
               -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts