Another SE's Response

I don't really have much to talk about today, so I'm going to do my response to AB's Random Tag Tuesday post.

1. What is your favorite snack while reading?
I don't usually snack while reading.

2. Book you regret buying/reading?
I can't think of any off the top of my head. (I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I seriously don't have good answers for the last two questions.)

3. Favorite book this year?
This is hard... but probably Every Soul a Star. If we're just talking about 2014, that is. I've only read three books in 2014 so far- Legend, Every Soul a Star, and Looking for Alaska. They were all super good though.

4. Biggest pet peeve in books?
Typos. I'm the ultimate typo finder. Also, characters that keep having the same thoughts over and over. It's like, we get get it.

5. How would you react when you saw a complete stranger reading your favorite book of all time?
I'm shy so I wouldn't say anything to them, but I'd get super excited and creepily watch them read it to see if they were enjoying it as much as I did.

6. Do you ever get in trouble for reading?
Not by my parents, but yeah, in school I've gotten in "trouble" before. In ninth grade, I would read in Spanish class cuz that class is a total joke, and my teacher would sometimes be like "Put that away, please." I still read in Spanish, and the teacher doesn't even care any more. I spent a good portion of that class reading The Glass Castle.

7. Tea or coffee while reading?
Tea. So much more sophisticated. ;) Plus, coffee is blech.

8. Which book changed you the most?
Most recently, probably "Thirteen Reasons Why". Wow. That book was kind of scary.

9. Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?
I've never read Percy Jackson, and I've only read the last few books of Harry Potter, so I'm not a great judge, but probably Harry Potter.

10. Favorite poetry book?
Uh, I don't have one?

11. What is the first book you remember reading?
Probably Frog and Toad or something like that. But the first book-length book I remember reading is Narnia. We read it in my "advanced reading" group in second grade. I felt so smart.

12. A fictional character that you have a love/hate relationship with?
Tris from Divergent. So easy to love, and yet so frustrating.

13. Least favorite book/series?
Macbeth. Okay, that's a play. Whatever. It's horrible.

14. Favorite traits in a fictional character?
Smart, resourceful, deep, thoughtful, unique, kind, not perfect

15. Which fictional world is your favorite?
The world of Kenneth Oppel's Airborn (no, I didn't spell that wrong. Look it up). It's a mix of old fashioned and futuristic... Like, an alternate past.

16. How many books do you own?
I don't feel like counting.

17. What's a book you wouldn't mind throwing out?
The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp. I wouldn't throw it out, I'd give it away. Actually, I did give it away. It just wasn't my kind of book. It was geared more towards middle school boys...

18. A book you'd insist your siblings/future children read?
A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry

19. The best book you've ever read?
This is such a hard question to answer. I don't know. Maybe Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell. I could reread that book over and over.

 20. How has reading changed your life?
It's made me more open, and probably smarter (at least it's given me a better vocabulary), and it's given me something to do with my time, and something to share with my friends, and just...yeah.

Day Sixty-One Song Recommendation: "Save Tonight" by Eagle-Eye Cherry. 

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts