Relax!

     Firstly, I apologize, because I've been kind of inconsistant with my blogging this past week, but I've just been so busy! I always impose so much unneeded stress on myself around the Christmas season. I don't know why, I guess I just love the hustle and bustle of the Holidays, but it really makes me anxious, all the stuff I have to do, not to mention that I totally neglect my school duties. Thankfully though, Winter Break has started, so I can sit back and relax, at least on that front.
     Secondly, I'm kind of angry, because, after all that snow we've gotten, we might not actually have a white Christmas! It's been abnormally warm these past few days, and almost all of the snow has melted. I can see the ugly brownish grass again, and that does not make it feel like Christmas at all. Sigh.
     It certainly doesn't feel like Christmas is in FOUR days! I have so much stuff to do before then! My Dad and I haven't even started our annual last minute shopping for Mom yet, and that's kind of stressful. I think I really need to just calm down and take a little me-time to relax.
     That's the thing about me: I certainly got my father's genes. He is a notorious work-a-holic, and we all love him, but it can be very tiring at times trying to keep up with all his crazy scheduling and random work projects. I always roll my eyes and get annoyed with him always working, but then I take a look at myself and realize that I am very much like him. For example, just this morning, I set my alarm for 6:30am, even though it's a Saturday, so I could start a load of laundry. I didn't specifically need to do laundry, but I wanted to do some, and I'm going out later, so I wanted it to be finished before I leave.
      Just to illustrate exactly what I should be doing, here's an embarrassingly '80s music video for you to enjoy. I really should listen to Frankie.

(Frankie Goes to Hollywood- Relax)
-VaughnDL P.S. Sorry for the awful quality!

Comments

Popular Posts