Hamster Holidays!

     There are very few things more exciting in life than getting a new pet--yes, even for grown ups! I mention this because of the amazing Christmas present my brother got for me and my Mom on Friday: a hamster!! That's right, Dr. Albert Snuggles MD is residing happily in his habitat on top of the dryer. Who knew that true love could be embodied in a cuddly, fist-sized, albino hamster?
     I have a history with hamsters: in about second grade, my brother and I were overjoyed at recieving a grey and white longhaired hamster. Little Buddy was the hilight of our lives for a while, until he developed a tumor and passed away while we were at the grocery store one day. Ever since then, I think everyone in my family has been secretly longing for another tiny companion like Little Buddy. I know, I know, we have two cats, and cats are awesome for sitting on your lap and curling up at your feet while you sleep, but a cat is a totally different kind of pet than a hamster, and now we have one again!!!! I think Albert is still warming up to his new owners and home, but he'll come around. So far he's only bit me once, so that's a plus. Anyway, I know I'll probably get a lot of other really cool presents for Christmas (which is in TWO DAYS, AGHHH!), but I think Dr. Albert will most likely outshine them all.
    
Movie Recommendation: Eloise at Christmastime. I have tons of favorite Christmas movies that I watch every year around this time-- Hitched for the Holidays, The Cutting Edge, Holiday in Handcuffs-- but none of them are as memorable as my all time favorite Christmas flick, Eloise at Christmastime. I've always been so jealous of Eloise, and her conniving plans that always work out in the end. This movie is so treasurable because of its many interwoven plot lines, all drawn together by one big-hearted six year old. Eloise always has only the best intentions in mind for her friends, even if she is a little nosy and exhausting. Perhaps a little remiscent of Emma Woodhouse? (I've never really thought it before, but there are some pretty strong parallels between the two stories!)

Here's a cute clip from the movie:



                                                           -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts