Christmas Eve Traditions

   
Well, after a long and exhausting day of procrastination shopping with my father, and wrapping literally every single present for my mother (and believe me there were a lot) I got to sit down and relax with my family at my grandparents' house. For me, Christmas Eve is just as thrilling as Christmas Day, and not just because of the gifts. There are a couple really fun traditions we have in my family, like secretly moving the white Christmas ball around on the Christmas tree and seeing how long it takes my Grandma to notice, or making inappropriate sugar cookies to take home with us and laugh about in the morning for breakfast. Maybe these little things sound stupid and immature, but I think it's the pointless, goofy stuff that you do with your family that really makes the Christmas season special.
     I hope you all enjoy a very Merry Christmas, and keep in mind the real reasons for celebration as you tear open your endless mounds of Christmas gifts. Which reminds me, after all that work I did wrapping gifts, it was really all for nothing, come tomorrow morning. Sigh, oh well, I'm sure it will be worth it to see the look on my family's faces.
                                                                                                                               -VaughnDL
   

Comments

Popular Posts