Happy Easter!

Easter with Sophia, Melissa, and the Temple GCC sisters!
     Happy Easter!!! Whether you spent the day at home, school, church, with family, friends, or by yourself...I hope you had a relaxing, peaceful day. Today started out pretty cold and cloudy but by 3 PM it had turned into a sunny, beautiful day. I spent most of the morning and afternoon at church, where we had service from 11:15-1:15, followed by a big lunch outside provided by the hospitality team, and then everyone spent the next couple of hours hanging out and taking pictures...a lot of pictures. GCC kind of goes all-out for Easter and everyone dresses up and spends the afternoon hanging out. I'd say there were at least 500 people at service today, which was pretty crazy. Penn's campus (we have service in their School of Design) is stunning all of the time, but especially in spring, and there were a few trees and bushes budding, so it made the pictures turn out even prettier. Everyone was in a really good, happy, goofy mood today, and I just realized what an amazing community I found through GCC. I know most people have their church circle and then their friend circle, especially when it comes to college, but for me, the two definitely overlap. While I spent a lot of last year feeling a little awkward and out of place, I'm glad I went to all of the different events and continued to be so involved, because now I feel like I really know everyone from Temple GCC (Grace Covenant Church is made up of mostly Penn students, with Drexel coming in second and Temple in third. While I do know people from the other schools, I'm closest to people from Temple) and would feel comfortable having a conversation with any of them. And that's saying something from someone as awkward as me!
     Anyway, after church, Melissa, Sophia, and I went to the grocery store to buy some Pillsbury Easter cookies and on the way to Melissa's apartment we decided to take a few detours and walked past the apartment I'll be living at with TJ in August, as well as Sophia's apartment for next semester. I can't believe that we're all going to be "adulting" and living off campus next year, but I'm excited. When we got to Melissa's, we baked the cookies and ate them with ice cream and then met up with some GCC peeps to take advantage of the nice day and played some frisbee, volleyball, and soccer out on the athletic field by Melissa's apartment.  Now I'm back in my dorm trying not to think about my impending stresses because right now I feel very carefree and like I'm finally at the "home stretch" of sophomore year, even though I still have three papers to write (one being 12 pages), and five finals to take!!! Yay!!!
     Welp, enjoy the warm weather while you can. Spring will come eventually...after this next snow storm, maybe?

-SE Wagner

     


Comments

Popular Posts