ShopMissA Product Review

     So recently, I published a blog post where I reviewed some products from and my experience with the company Brandless, which you can read here. Basically I just did that for fun because I wanted to try out the company anyway, but it's actually gotten a really positive response! (And by that I mean SE and my mom and my sister-in-law have all asked about it, lol, so I guess that means at least 3 people cared!) So after I posted that Brandless review, Kourteney (my sister-in-law) told me about this website called ShopMissA that she's checked out before. She was basically like "I see your $3 website, and raise you this $1 website!" That's right, everything (okay ALMOST everything) on the ShopMissA website is only $1! When she told me that I knew I had to take her up on it and see what it was all about.

Before I Purchased: 

     As soon as I went on the ShopMissA site, I immediately saw tons of cute stuff I wanted to try out! The company is mostly dedicated to cosmetics and makeup, and that's what they have the most of on their website, but since I'm not super into that kind of thing, I explored some of the other things they sell, like socks and temporary tattoos and sunglasses and bags, etc. There were definitely enough items catching my fancy that I knew I wanted to do another product review!
     Before I placed my order though, I wanted to do a little digging around on their website to see how exactly they're able to sell stuff for so cheap. I mean the last thing I want to do is blindly subscribe to a company that's benefiting from cheap child labor or something not-good like that. But the company appears to be very upfront about their method and mission, which was reassuring to me. Here's what their website has to say:



Soooo they never EXPLICITLY say they don't use cheap child labor, but their rationale looks legit and they were upfront about it, which is reassuring. Plus I did some other digging around about the company and nothing scandalous or incriminating came up. In fact, I discovered that all of their products are cruelty free, and for certain items that you can purchase, they'll donate a portion of the money to Paw Paw, an animal charity program. So that's cool. 




What I purchased: 

I️ decided that I️ wanted to purchase a wide range of products to get a comprehensive idea of the quality of their different items. I️ gave myself an allowance of $10 worth of items, and looked up the shipping beforehand and saw that it was $3.95 for all domestic orders of under $40, which my order would fall under. So I️ knew my total would be $13.95. With that in mind, I️ decided on this breakdown, based on the items that I️ was the most interested in after my first perusal of the website:


1-set of socks

     They sell 3ct packs of socks, so that's about .33 per pair of socks! Cannot beat that. 






 3-bags
     They have a WIDE range of bags, such as makeup bags, crossbody bags, canvas pouches, glasses pouches, coin purses, you name it. This section seemed to appeal to me the most for some reason, so I got a sunglasses pouch, a makeup/pencil pouch, and a small canvas laundry bag. 







2- temporary tattoos
     They had so many cool temporary tattoos! (And a myriad of absolutely atrociously ugly ones as well, but that's just how it goes with temporary tattoos...and real ones too to be honest). I got a deer tattoo and a pretty purple flower one. 








1-cosmetic related
     As aforementioned, they sell the most in their cosmetics department, but that's not my thing. I still wanted to try SOMETHING from that section though, since I wanted to see if their main selling point is actually worth the hype. Plus I do kinda like highlighter and only have a gold highlighter at the moment, so I decided to try one of their baked highlighters in a light silvery shade. 






                                                                     1-underwear
Listen y'all, I will never deign to pay more than like $3 on underwear. I don't know why, I just can't bring myself to do it. Underwear is literally the smallest little scrap of fabric and they sell them at Victoria's Secret and whatnot for like $20. That is highway robbery in my opinion. So $1 undies? Yeah Imma hit that up. 




2-accessories
     For my last two items I settled on a pair of sunglasses (although to be honest, it was hard to find a cute pair because they've got a lot of super ugly ones on the site, LOL), and a pair of earrings. The earrings are purposely tacky and weird because I just thought they were funny and I love tassels! So we'll see.




I'm excited for everything, but the items I'm most excited about are probably the bags and the temporary tattoos. They're just all so cute! The items I'm most skeptical about are the sunglasses, the socks, and the underwear. I feel like those things have the potential to be incredibly cheaply made, or not even fitting at all, which would stink. But I can't wait for my package to arrive!! 

*Update*: Around January 27, I got an email saying that one of my items was unfortunately out of stock (one of the fake tattoos). To make it up to me, they refunded me the $1 I would have spent on it, and awarded me a $1 store credit to use on anything on the website. So even though I'm disappointed that I won't get all 10 of my original items, I'm satisfied with their form of reimbursement.

Reviewing My Purchases!: 

My purchases arrived around January 31, so they only took around a week to arrive, which is awesome! 



The outside packaging was pretty hum ho, just a black bag, but inside everything was wrapped and packaged really nicely, with pink tissue paper and a cute "Miss A" sticker. 

So, how did the products compare with their picture and description online? 

Socks: the socks look just like they did online! I have big feet, so they were a little tighter than some socks I own, but not bad at all! They're pretty good quality, although one of them already got a hole in it...not sure what to blame that on though because it could have been from me cutting off the plastic packaging, or from a sharp fingernail, or just from them being cheap. 




Bags: For some reason I forgot to get a nice close up of the cactus bag?? Maybe because that was the one I was admiring the most intensely and then it just slipped my  mind...but you can kinda see it in the big picture at the bottom. Honestly, yes, the cactus bag was my favorite, maybe of all of the products. It's just so cute and looks exactly like the picture! Right now I'm using it to store my external harddrive for my video and editing class, lol. The sunglasses bag is also really cute and nice. At first it seemed small so I was concerned it wouldn't fit a pair of sunglasses, but it does! The laundry bag...well, it's cute...and I DID read the measurements before buying it so I DID know it was going to be small...but I didn't exactly think it would be THAT small...It's probably about as big as one of the large ziploc bags. But oh well, it would hold some undies or bras or something small like that. Maybe a swimsuit. It's maybe my least favorite product just because it's so dumbly small, but I guess that's partially my fault for just assuming it'd be bigger. 



Temporary Tattoo: As I already mentioned, one of the tattoos I ordered was out of stock, so I only ended up being able to get one. I haven't tried it out yet so I don't know how well it adheres to skin or how long it lasts or anything like that, but I think it looks so awesome!!!! I'm saving it for a special occasion...maybe something fun over the summer wit friends. I'm very pleased with how it looks, so I really hope it looks as good when I wear it. 



Highlighter: Okay, maybe I'm just bad at makeup, but this highlighter was really hard to put on. What I mean by that is that the product just didn't really come off onto my brush until I scraped off a little bit with something sharp and then rubbed for a really long time. Maybe that's just the nature of a baked highlighter though? I don't really know. Once I actually got enough on my brush though, it did look nice on my face! It's a nice change from the only other "highlighter" I have, which is actually just gold cream shimmer powder that's been around since the pre-highlighter era and is likely technically expired...oops, lol. I like the color of this highlighter though. It's silvery with almost like a purple undertone. My other slight complaint about this product is that it's hard to open!! I almost broke a nail the first time I tried. It think it's starting to loosen up though. 




Undies: These undies are basically perfect: they're cute, good quality, nice material, and look exactly like the picture. One problem: they don't fit me. I ordered the biggest size too and I couldn't get them above mid-thigh. I'm sad because they're really cute, but I'm not that surprised that they don't fit just because ordering clothes online is always a gamble, and underwear are hard for me to find in general. 



Sunglasses: So, I'm not crazy about these glasses. They're not super ugly or anything, they're just nothing special, and they're a shape that I'm not in love with. I do like the tortoise shell design on the side, but overall, these are just kinda eh. They do fit my head though! So that's a step up from the undies, lol. 



Earrings: I'm weirdly in love with these earrings. They're so bizarre but somehow amazing. And they look just like the picture online! It's funny because I realized that when I ordered these earrings, I hadn't even been paying attention to what color I chose, so I had no idea what color I was going to get. But I'm very pleased with the white! Will definitely be wearing these around.  





 Here are all of my purchases together! All of that for $9 + $3.95 shipping. Not too shabby! If I had to pick my favorite products, I'd probably say the cactus bag, the unicorn earrings, and the deer tattoo. 
Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of all of the products. Though they're not all perfect, none of them gave me major cheap-and-chincy vibes! I'd give my experience with this company so far a 7.5/10, and would definitely consider ordering from them again! Next time though, I'll wait until there's something I actually really need, because TBH, I didn't really need any of these products...oopsie. 



VaughnDL 



    

Comments

Popular Posts