Winter Break Is the Best

     So I completely forgot about the whole "daily blogging over break" thing and have not posted once since getting home. I don't know how I've been so busy but this break is just flying by. I've already been home for a week and a half!! Anyway, Christmas Eve and Christmas were both lovely and I've definitely been eating more than my fair share of sweets lately. Who can pass up eggnog and gingerbread cookies and double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream??? Plus the twenty pounds of candy my mom got for our stockings.
     In other news, it snowed last night!! I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and noticed that  the sky was a weird red color and when I looked closer there was snow covering the whole backyard! It's only like half an inch though so it'll probably be gone by tomorrow, but it's still pretty.
     I went for a run today and it was so pretty downtown with the little dusting of snow on the sidewalks and everyone's Christmas decorations still up and all the different colors of different row houses and shops. It was one of the few times I actually enjoyed running.
     Now I'm just typing away on my bed in my bathrobe like a total bum because that's what I feel like doing today and winter break is all about relaxing and doing as much of nothing as humanly possible.
     In other OTHER news, I did yoga for the first time last night with my mom and it was surprisingly fun! Super hippie dippy, but you can expect nothing less from a yoga class. It was "gentle" yoga so it was really easy and there were all ages and types of people there, not just uber fit yoga gurus, so that was nice. It was mostly just a lot of deep breathing and stretching so it was really relaxing. I'd definitely do it again! If you want an easy fitness goal for the new year, I'd suggest doing some gentle yoga.
     I think that's all for now...more posts later.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts