Gettysburg In Pictures

Yesterday Leah was supposed to come over and watch a movie but instead we decided to go to Gettysburg because we wanted to get out of the house and because we hadn't been there in a while. Unfortunately we went near the end of the day so we didn't go to the battlefield but we walked around downtown and were able to take some cool pictures.


These were everywhere around the town and it was so nice to see.


I am surprised how big this game store was. They literally had a place for you to sit and play the games without having to pay for it. Before we went to this store there was a place that was adorable but I didn't get any pictures of it. It was like a giant thrift store that was well put together.



After the gaming store we walked around until we saw an old movie theater. It was one of those places that plays indie movies that they actually watched and enjoyed. It was also really cheap so we decided to see Wonder Wheel because Kate Winslet was in it. It was kind of strange but it wasn't necessarily bad. The acting was good it was weird plot though. We also made the mistake of looking at the reviews before seeing the movie and they weren't very positive. Leah loved it and I thought it was okay.


This is by far one of the coolest Polaroids I've ever taken. I never know how a Polaroid is going to turn out because I'm not a professional and when they come out this good I get so excited. When I asked Leah to give me a caption she said, "This is to damn good for a caption."




This was also another cool store that we went to. I should have taken pictures of store signs because I don't remember any of the names. 


This was a candy store that was empty. There were no workers and no one ever came to helps us but at the same time it was open. Apparently people drink sweet corn and buffalo wing sauce soda.


We had time to eat before the movie so we walked to a diner the Leah liked. While we were walking we saw the hotel that Lincoln and Obama had stayed at that's supposedly 'haunted'.


This diner was also a highlight. That was literally the best milkshake I've ever had. The food was also really great. I think we gained like five pounds afterwards. Not only did we get dinner and a milkshake but Leah insisted that we get dessert as well.




After dinner it was time to go to the movie which was right across from the diner. We had to go to the bathroom beforehand and it was the most beautiful bathroom. There is literally a place for you to sit down and do your make up? The lighting was amazing which is why the Polaroid looks so good.


Definitely the most beautiful movie theater I've ever been to.


I wanted to get a picture of the tree and the hotel but obviously it didn't work out. If you look at the picture in person you can faintly see the lights on the tree.

That was the last picture I took before we drove home. We almost hit a deer on the way home and pissed some drivers off but it we got home fine. I am so glad that we went on this spontaneous 'road trip'. We've already talked about coming back and doing more stuff throughout the day and even going to DC for the next Women's March.

We'll see what happens.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts