November 2017 Wrap Up

1. Hunting Prince Dracula, Kerri Maniscalco (Stalking Jack The Ripper #2) 5/5



“The world is vicious.'
He brushed a lock of hair back from my face, his gaze thoughtful. 'The world is neither kind nor is it cruel. It simply exists. We have the ability to view it however we choose.” 

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. She journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend. But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again

I think I will forever wonder why I like these books so much. I don't love mysteries, I hate gore and I scare very easily. Despite all this I could not put this book or the first one down. I absolutely adore the main character because she's relatable and underestimated by almost everyone. There's also the added bonus of wanting to know what is going to happen and constantly being on the edge of your seat. I also love that despite the fact there could be a love triangle the author makes sure that there is not one and focuses on improving and developing the one relationship that the reader will no doubt root for to the very end. I cannot wait for the third book.

2. Secrets for the Mad: Obsessions, Confessions, and Life Lessons, Dodie Clark 4/5


“Am I the only one
wishing life away?
Never caught up in the moment
busy begging the past to stay
Memories painted with much brighter ink;
they tell me I loved, teach me how to think.”

A collection of personal stories, lessons, song lyrics, and photos from the beloved British vlogger Dodie Clark, also known online as doddleoddle.

Words cannot describe how much I admire Dodie. I have never seen a YouTuber that is so similar to me as a person. She's dramatic, thinks to much, has a mental illness, is somewhat gay and is overall a wonderful human being. If only I could sing and dance we would be almost the same person. This book read like a journal and that was interesting to read. At some points it felt a little sporadic but that's how journals sound, or at least mine do. It was so great to read something so blaringly honest about struggles in life. It was also nice to know that she was writing some of the same things that I have written in my own journal. 

Bless you, Dodie.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts