August 2017 Wrap Up

August may be my favorite reading month.

Words In Deep Blue, Cath Crowley 4/5



“We are the books we read and the things we love.”

Years ago, Rachel had a crush on Henry Jones. The day before she moved away, she tucked a love letter into his favorite book in his family’s bookshop. She waited. But Henry never came.
Now Rachel has returned to the city—and to the bookshop—to work alongside the boy she’d rather not see, if at all possible, for the rest of her life. But Rachel needs the distraction, and the escape. Her brother drowned months ago, and she can’t feel anything anymore. She can’t see her future.
Henry’s future isn’t looking too promising, either. His girlfriend dumped him. The bookstore is slipping away. And his family is breaking apart.
As Henry and Rachel work side by side—surrounded by books, watching love stories unfold, exchanging letters between the pages—they find hope in each other. Because life may be uncontrollable, even unbearable sometimes. But it’s possible that words, and love, and second chances are enough.

I picked up this book last minute when I was at the library before vacation. I really did enjoy this book. It was the perfect book to pick up for the beginning of Book-Tube-A-Thon. I was able to finish this book in one and a half days. (Sunday and Monday). This book was fast paced, the characters were likeable but the setting was what made this book so amazing. I love it when authors instills the love of books in their characters. I especially love how the author came up with the letter library.

2. Once And For All, Sarah Dessen 4/5



“I put my pen to the paper and began to write. I’d made so many wishes for so many couples quietly in my head as they drove away, but writing the words out made it seem more real, possible. For them, and maybe for me. For you, I wish for second chances.”

Louna, daughter of famed wedding planner Natalie Barrett, has seen every sort of wedding: on the beach, at historic mansions, in fancy hotels and clubs. Perhaps that's why she's cynical about happily-ever-after endings, especially since her own first love ended tragically. When Louna meets charming, happy-go-lucky serial dater Ambrose, she holds him at arm's length. But Ambrose isn't about to be discouraged, now that he's met the one girl he really wants.

This book was a typical Sarah Dessen book, which was exactly what I was hoping for. Was it as good as Just Listen? No, but to be fair nothing will ever top that book. I loved that I was able to fly right through this book in one day. Despite it being around 350 pages. This book was adorable but if you are overly sensitive like me, you’ll want tissues. I don’t know how Sarah Dessen can take serious topics and fit them into a Rom-Com of a book. I guess it’s a gift.



3. Forever In Blue: The Fourth Summer Of The Sisterhood, Ann Brashares 5/5



“We aren't in high school. We aren't really in our families and we aren't in our houses. Those are the places we grew up and the times we spent together, but they aren't us. If  we think they are, then we're lost, because times end and places are lost. We aren't any place or any time . . . We are everywhere.”

Join Ann Brashares's beloved sisterhood once again in a dazzling, fearless novel. It's a summer that will forever change the lives of Lena, Carmen, Bee, and Tibby, here and now, past and future, together and apart.

Well...This book about killed me.
I am used to devouring these books in a day or two so it shouldn’t shock me that I finished this one so quickly. I didn’t want to finish this book thought. That’s why it has taken me forever to start it, I couldn’t let it end.
These books will forever be engraved in my heart. I have loved all of these books for different reasons which surprises me. It’s the same characters and almost the same people but it still made me cry, laugh and feel all the feelings. I will force my children to read them and I hope that they do the same with their children and so on. Nearing the end of the book I began to cry, I knew it was coming to an end and I needed to be okay with that. (I know how dramatic that sounds). All of these books will pull your heart strings, especially the last page.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts