My Spirit Animal Is A Bull

     Wednesday night was the annual rodeo in my town, and it once again kick started a probably short lived obsession with the rodeo circuit. There's just something so alluring to me about cowboy culture (probably mostly the cowboys...) But I realized something as I watched one of the world's most dangerous sports tonight, and that is this: my spirit animal is a bull.

1. I can be stubborn sometimes
2. I can be totally chill until provoked
3. I'm fine when left alone, but put a guy near me trying to get all up in my business? That's when I get an attitude
4. I'm thick and big boned

     See? Basically me!I absolutely love the rodeo and everything about it despite the fact that it's in the highest heat of July and I am always drenched in sweat by the end of the night. But for some reason I'm able to overlook that little aspect.
   
     Yesterday my Mom and I took my little cousin Mia to Mr. Ed's Elephant Emporium for her 5th Birthday (which was actually Monday) and it was so fun. I'm not in the habit of spending days with 5 year olds that often, so I didn't realize how tiring it can be. We walked around and saw a bunch of elephants (figurines and statues and such, not real ones) as well as other weird and random junk hanging from and nailed to trees for your viewing pleasure and no other purpose. We also perused the huge candy and gift shop and Mia got a make-your-own pixie stick, which is exactly the type of gross little kid candy crap I had forgotten existed since I haven't eaten anything that weird in years LOL. Then we got lunch and ice cream before heading home. Isn't it great to be able to take a kid somewhere, hype them up on sugar and candy and ice cream and then just send them home for their mom to deal with them? It was awesome and had me totally pooped by the end.
     I'm trying not to think about how close the end of summer is getting, so I'm trying to squeeze as much enjoyment out of this last month as possible.

VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts