Home Improvement

     So for the past few weeks, me, my brother, and Kourteney have been slowly but surely emptying out my brother's room and transferring all his stuff into a storage unit where it will stay until they find a house and he can move it all into there. Call me wacky, but I absolutely love seeing the gradual transformation from ridiculously messy, barely livable stinky boy bedroom, into completely empty bedroom, and eventually, in the next few weeks, into my Dad's office! I think I could honestly love flipping houses and fixing them up. It's so satisfying turning something average into something really appealing and just all around better.
    Last summer I did that with our living room and kitchen, but naturally over the course of a year, some of the coolness of that transformation has worn off, as well as some of the original neat-and-cleanness. I think it's safe to say that mine is a family that isn't too good at living "clutter free", whatever that even is. Needless to say, I could never be a minimalist.
     Tomorrow we are toting the last of Noob's furniture to the unit, and then painters are coming early next week to paint the walls and trim, and then at some point hopefully soon after that, we're getting carpet put in, and then FINALLY I'll get to box up all the stuff from the back room which is now being used as my Dad's office, and move it into it's own, gloriously self contained room, where the desk is free to be as messy as necessary since it will no longer be the first thing people see when they walk into our house.
     Whilst all this is happening, SE's kitchen is getting remodeled, so that will be really cool to see too!! I just love home improvement projects. Hopefully next week I'll also be working on repurposing an old metal locker and I'm so excited!
     Okay, I guess I'll stop geeking out about DIY home projects and cleaning, but I just thought I'd let you all know what I'm up to, as I've been sadly AWOL from the blog for far too long.

VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts