Exciting Days

Mile Long Yard Sale     While SE is on her way to Haiti, I'm here at home on this drizzly day ordering overpriced textbooks and listening to Stevie Nix croon. In other words, just a boring, typical day for me. That's okay. It's due time for a boring day. The past two days have been anything but boring. On July 4th, I partook in the Vaughn family annual Independence Day tradition of walking the Mile Long Yardsale-- which according to my step tracker, was actually 4.8 miles, and we didn't even walk the whole thing. After that epic yardsale, I went swimming in Kourteney's grandparents' pool until it started pouring, went to the Waynesburger with my mom for the first time, then came home, watched a movie, and then when it got dark, laid on the driveway with my mom for a few minutes hoping to catch a glimpse of somebody else's fireworks show with little success. It may have been an unconventional July 4th, but I had a good time. Aside from the sunburn I'm now suffering from.
     Then yesterday, I spent all day at church recording the annual VBS skit videos. I must say it went better than it has in years past. I have this nasty habit of laughing my butt off when I'm nervous, and it's so annoying because it means that it takes forever to get through simple tasks like recording VBS videos. Fortunately, my laughter only ruined a couple dozen shots...and hopefully I can edit it all out...we'll have to see I guess. After recording the videos, me and Kaitlyn and G drove to Sweet Frog for some incentive FroYo to reward ourselves for successfully finishing the videos. Then we went back to church for the evening service.
     It's been a good couple of days, and I'm glad that today I get to just chill around the house, washing mountains of dishes and making supper and blogging!

VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts