A Very Eventful Day

Rather crowded at the start line...
Wow. It has been a day. I woke up at 6 AM and at 6:30 my brother picked me up and we drove down to Center City together for the Back on My Feet Five Miler. In preparation for this race, I had run five miles precisely never. The one and only time I ran five miles was when my mom, aunts, and I did the Across the Bridge 10k two years ago, and my time for that was (I believe) over an hour and fifteen minutes (for 6.2 miles). Needless to say, I was not expecting stellar results. However, through the grace of God alone, I did not puke, pass out, or feel like I was dying (except for the last half mile), AND I GOT FIRST PLACE! In my age division...out of ten...haha, gotcha. Anyway, I was actually very proud of myself for our time (44 min) and for feeling pretty decent the whole race! There were a few parts (hills, last half mile) where I was questioning why I'd spent $50 for this torture, but TJ remained level-headed and jovial throughout the entire five miles, always offering to slow down if I wanted to, except for the last mile, where he insisted on slowly increasing the speed until we were at a 7.40 pace (I don't run 7.40 miles flat, let alone after 4.5 previous miles, so you can imagine my ire) and I was literally panting like I was having a heart attack and repeatedly telling TJ that I was going to throw up. To which he responded, "Keep going, you'll feel better once you throw up." Well, he was right. Not about throwing up, which I didn't end up doing, but keeping going. We crossed the finish line and as soon as I was allowed to not be running anymore I felt perfectly fine. I looked like a tomato-faced mess, but I felt pretty good! So I'm actually very happy that TJ pushed me to go faster at the end, because it felt good to finish strong (actually, it felt terrible at the time, but in retrospect I'm glad). After the race, we wandered around the different tents giving out free food and I took full advantage of my $50 by grabbing multiple granola bars, energy bars, bananas, water bottles, and yes, a loaf of slice whole wheat bread (Stroehmann Bakeries was the main sponsor of the race).
I made it black and white so you can't see the true color
of my post-run face.
     A few hours after the race I found out that we got a new house! So that's very exciting, surprising, and amazing news and now all we have to do is sell our current one...fingers crossed that it'll be soon!
     After hearing the news and doing homework for a few hours I went to class prayer with GCC people and then when I came back to 1300 the fire alarm went off so everyone had to go stand outside for like fifteen minutes while the fire department came out and gave the all-clear for us to go back in. So that was annoying but eventful. For the rest of the night, Haley and Melissa came over and we just hung out in my room and talked and ate corn in various forms and laughed about Snapchat filters. Now I am EXHAUSTED and need to go to bed! It's been a good, crazy Saturday.

Day 1207 Song Recommendation: "Writing on the Wall" by Bear's Den.
Day 1208 Song Recommendation: "Darling If You're Down" by Stu Larsen.
Day 1209 Song Recommendation: "Four Feet in the Forest" by Ziggy Alberts.
Day 1210 Song Recommendation: "Give Me Something" by Seafret.
Day 1211 Song Recommendation: "Hands I Can Hold" by Ziggy Alberts.
Day 1212 Song Recommendation: "Harvest" by Dustin Tebbutt.
Day 1213 Song Recommendation: "Married Life" by Michael Giacchino.
Day 1214 Song Recommendation: "Old Town Blues" by Boy & Bear.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts