Things That Bring Me Joy

*Pretend this was posted on Friday.*

As of right now I am almost done with my finals. I have one more tomorrow and then I am done. I did come home today and did a dance. I don't dance, I don't enjoy it. This won't happen again for another ten years. I am so close to the end I can feel it. After I did the worst dance in the world I picked up my book. I don't binge read because that causes reading slumps. I couldn't help it. I became entrenched in the book. I screamed, I cried, my heart felt full, I lived to write about it. As I was reading though I thought, "This is true joy. Thank you Jesus."
Then I started thinking about other things that bring me joy.

1. Binge reading...


You might be able to pull me away from my book. I actually have a story that goes with this book. I had to drop off some books at library and ended up picking this one up. As I was looking at the books this librarian comes up to me and tells me how much she loves my hair. Why is this a big deal? Mainly because I felt that my hair was so different that nobody but me liked it. As ridiculous as that sounds. Also I never felt that the librarians liked me period. I didn't think they noticed me. As I was checking out we started talking about Glennon Doyle Melton who is the love of our lives. Or Abby's, it's questionable right now. I think Abby will probably beat me.

2. Looking at old photos


This will always be one of my favorite pictures.

3. ASL


I have fallen in love with this beautiful language. My class ended yesterday and it was a little emotional. I couldn't have asked for a better professor or class. Unfortunately no pictures were taken. There were good memories though. Like making new friends, going to a deaf event, getting over insecurities etc. 

4. Sitting with Colt


Sometimes dogs get you better than people do.

5. Being with Swag


She always finds a way to make me laugh. Oh the photos that I could use for blackmail...

6. Book endings that punch you in the gut...in the best way possible.


*Immediately kick yourself for getting it at the library.*

7. Eating candy after a long day.


No explanation needed.

8. Getting a used book that is unexpectedly autographed.


Not that this happens often. In fact it's only happened twice. I almost cried when I saw who signed this. 

9. Boots that are comfortable.


Thank you Lord.

10. This picture...


No idea why...just go with it.

11. When love wins...




You know that time of winter where everything is gross? The snow isn't pretty anymore and it's still unbelievably cold? You think spring will never come and then eventually it does. That's what this post was for me. The shitty election happened and then spring came. I am so unbelievably happy for these amazing women. If you haven't read any of Glennon's books you are missing out. She is a gem. She and Abby are the living proof that love always wins in the end.

12. Facetiming Fiona


She might kill me.

Fiona always calls me when I'm having the worst day. That is absolutely God. He knows how much I hate asking for help. He also knows that I won't listen to him so he sends Fiona. God is so good to me. She has been my rock and constant pen pal.

13. My cousins




Of course my younger cousins live farther away. Whenever I do get to see them we go all out. We see a movie, go out to lunch, go to some other random place. Becca is the reader. She's calm, witty and an excellent soccer player. Megan is the swimmer and wears the brightest colors possible. It absolutely matches her personality. Any time I get to spend with these girls is special.

14. Journaling


I talk about journaling all the time. We all know how much I love it.

15. Undercut designs 


This is to cool. 

16. Rachel Hollis Live chats


It's the best. Rachel Hollis is the best.


 17. Writing Letters...

Unfortunately I don't have a picture for this. There is nothing like bearing your soul to someone else on paper. As cheesy as that sounds. I think I shock the mailman every time they take a letter out of the mailbox. Because who writes letters anymore? This girl.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts