Growing Up; Not Apart

     This break has been absolutely flying by. I can't believe I've already been home for 11 days! Normally, I'd be getting ready to go back to school but thanks to COLLEGE I have another two weeks. Blessed. Last night everyone came over for a post-Christmas get-together dinner and wow, it felt like we'd just paused ourselves at graduation, fast-forwarded a few months, and hit play. I know that we've changed. Of course we have. But I think for the most part the good things have stayed the same. We're still weird, we're still a bunch of losers hanging out and playing games and making dumb jokes on a Thursday night, somewhere in a small town in America. And it feels good, man. It feels good. I'd love to fast forward fifty years and see us all grey and toothless (okay, hopefully not toothless) hanging around someone's house at a "dinner party", talking about the kids (and grandkids!) and how much "things have changed" since we were young (and the guys will be unintentionally wearing coordinating sweater vests, of course). Gosh, that would be hilarious. I can't imagine any of us ever being mature adults. It'll happen one day. And it'll be terrifying. And good, at the same time.

1128 Song Recommendation: "Follow You" by Night Riots.
1129 Song Recommendation: "Slow and Steady" by Leagues.
1130 Song Recommendation: "Brutally" by Suki Waterhouse.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts