Christmas Eve Eve!

Image result for christmas     It's been a crazy last four days, hence the lack of posts. I came home on the twentieth and ever since then I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I shopped, I ate a lot, I made a gingerbread house, baked brownies, watched Christmas movies, decorated my room, and made gingerbread cookies. Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year, right up there beside June. June is inexplicably wonderful, but Christmas is also so joyful and amazing in a different way. I can't believe that tomorrow (actually, 44 minutes from now), it'll be Christmas Eve. This has definitely been the "quickest" Christmas I can remember. It seems like just yesterday I was coming home for Thanksgiving and now I'm home again and Christmas is in two days! I know that Thanksgiving is over, but I think Christmas is a time to be thankful as well, and sometimes I find that I'm more thankful around Christmas time than I am around Thanksgiving, so here are some things I'm thankful for:


  1. Simple days. Days when you sleep in till almost 11 (because you're having a weirdly fascinating dream in which you're in a slightly warped version of The 100. Not to mention the fact that you've stayed up past 1 AM the past two nights, and you're a little old lady who needs her 10 hours of sleep every night) and the only time you leave the house is to go grocery shopping with your mom and you spend the day writing and listening to music and baking with your mom.
  2. Family. I would drown without them.
  3. Friends. I would drown without them too.
  4. Christmas cards. I love opening Christmas cards from different family and friends, even if I don't know them.
  5. Christmas lights. I love driving around at night and passing a house that is totally decked-out with decorations and lights everywhere. It puts me in the Christmas spirit.
  6. The last four months. I'm so thankful for the opportunities I've been given and all the new and wonderful people I've met.
  7. Comfort. I live a very comfortable life and I'm even more aware of it around the holidays. I have a loving family, a warm house, and enough food to feed a small army.
  8. SWEET THINGS. Oh my goodness, I love baked goods. I'm going to get twelve cavities by the time I go back to school. And I won't regret a single one.
     Happy Christmas Eve Eve!


Day 1120 Song Recommendation: "The Enemy" by Andrew Belle.
Day 1121 Song Recommendation: "Just My Soul Responding" by Amber Run. Thanks to Dl for the song rec!
Day 1122 Song Recommendation: "How Glorious the Love of Heaven" by Stars Go Dim. Thanks to DL's dad for the song rec!
Day 1123 Song Recommendation: "Ocean Eyes" by Billie Eilish. Thanks to MF for the song rec!

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts