Thanksgiving 2016


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
- James 1:17

 I probably get more emotional on Thanksgiving than I do on any other holiday. It's a holiday where I get to realize how truly blessed I am. I overlook it every year until the day is finally here and then I get weepy. I do these collages every year to reflect and take in all the good memories. It wouldn't have been possible for me to fit every picture. Instagram just doesn't allow it. I sat on the couch this morning looking through my pictures while crying. 2016 has been a complete whirlwind of emotions. There have been so many lasts and new beginnings. These are some of the memories that I want to remember though. These are the pictures that I look at and remember how blessed I am. These are some of the memories where I have felt true joy. Every time I think about it I'm a little overwhelmed. Or maybe that's just the loads of homework that need to be done in a short amount of time. Either way today was a good day. I slept in, hung out with family and ate food. 
My cousins discovered the joys of Snapchat filters, we played games, mostly ate, walked, took pictures etc. Also I only heard Trump's name twice and to be honest that is a miracle. I am still thanking Jesus. 
Also the joy of having a new phone means that you can take a bazillion pictures and videos in one day. So I did have some fun with making a video about the day. I may be the only one who finds this interesting but I don't care. These are memories that I don't want to lose. I asked one of my cousins which song I should choose and of course they picked a country one. I guess it's fitting? Either way it was a good thanksgiving. The end of 2016 has not been the best especially with all the change. I think I've been more ungrateful than grateful. It's days like these that puts things into perspective. I have more than enough and there are those who would kill to have what I have. Yet I take it for granted. I ask God to provide something when he provides every single day. Just because he isn't providing in the way that I want him to doesn't mean that he isn't. 


DFTBA
-AB



Comments

Popular Posts