Getting Into the Holiday Spirit

     Tonight was a rare night in that I had no plans from 6 P.M. until bedtime so Rebecca and I watched Love Actually on Netflix (on her bed which has like a 12 inch memory foam topper on it and you completely sink into it and almost drown in its plushness) and went to the Fresh Grocer with Rebecca's friend Andie, who had just gotten back from Seattle (where she lives). I bought a bunch of those Pillsbury cookies with the designs on them to bake for the Temple GCC Thanksmas/Christgiving potluck on Saturday. Those things are amazing. Then I read Since You've Been Gone for a while (that book...sigh. It'll never get old. I could talk about that book for days on end. Mostly Frank Porter) and remembered why I'm an English major. Oh, and Rebecca bought red Christmas lights at the Fresh Grocer so we hung those up in our room and now our room is all decked out (I decorated the door with stockings and a snowflake that I bought at the Dollar Tree). Haley, Melissa, and I also ate Snickers ice cream in Haley's room and hung out for a while and then I came back to my room and read some more and now I have to go to bed because ew, 8 A.M. tomorrow.
     It's funny because the first day I'm home, it doesn't really feel like home, and then the first day I'm back here (yesterday) it doesn't feel like home either. Each place now takes a little while to "settle into" but once I do get settled, I'm content and "at home" again. However, despite the fact that I enjoy myself here, I am so ready for Christmas break! Good news is that the last day of class is December 12th and then we have two study days before finals start. However, next week is probably going to be the worst week of the semester and I am NOT looking forward to it. For one, I have to present my group project in my youth cultures class that's worth 25% of our grade and I also have to submit my paper for my Shakespeare in the Movies class that's worth between 75-100% of my grade. Yikes. But all will be fine, as it always has been and always will be. :)

Day 1099 Song Recommendation: "Not Easy" by Alex Da Kid.
Day 1100 Song Recommendation: "Ordinary Love" by Ben Rector.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts