Making Friends??? Maybe??

I took this embarrassing stalker pic of the
YouTube guy. He's in the middle. With
the camera. That's how I recognized him.
     Today's been a bit of a crazy day (as can be assumed by the ungodly hour at which I'm writing this). It started out with a boring CLA meeting (but they gave us free t-shirts so wooh!) and then convocation, followed by a convocation BBQ. On the way to the BBQ I realized I was walking behind a famous YouTuber! Well, not famous, but I'd seen his videos on YouTube before because he filmed his Temple orientation and had made videos talking about going to Temple and stuff and I had thought how weird it would be if I actually saw him in real life and then I DID!! And then I saw him again IN MY RESIDENCE HALL!! He lives in 1300 too! I'm pretty sure he lives on the same floor as me too, but in a different wing. It's a small world. I considered being like "Hey, I know who you are. You're the YouTube kid." But I'm too shy for that. If you want to know what my residence hall is like and basically what I've been seeing the last few days...check out KanerEntertainment on the Tube.
     Anyway, the BBQ was hot, crowded, and pretty dreadful so after that I went back to my dorm, changed into my running clothes, and went for a jog/walk/run at the indoor track. Side note: RG left after commencement to go on a retreat for Fox Honors and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon so I was kicking it solo for the day.
Convocation.
     When I got back to my dorm I showered and then hung out by myself for a while before deciding to head over to the Newman Center (the Catholic church on campus) where they were having water ice and soft pretzels. When I got there I was immediately greeted with handshakes and smiles and introductions and I got some mango water ice and soft pretzel bits and then I found a seat by two girls with a pack of cards and they taught me how to play Egyptian Ratscrew (literally the hardest card game ever. So many stinking rules. And you have to have fast reflexes). About fifteen minutes in, another girl joined us and one of the Newman Center youth minister people came and joined us too and she was really nice so the rest of the night it was us four girls and the youth minister, Valeria, playing pool, ping pong, and foosball and just talking and having a good time and afterwards me, HW, KB, and MG all went to J&H together for dinner and talked the whole time (half the time about the rickety table) and then we headed back to 1300 (it turned out we were all in the honors program and all lived in 1300) and we wound up doing an impromptu dorm tour of all of our rooms and along the way we met some more people and started up another game of Egyptian Ratscrew, which turned into a three-hour talk session (mostly it was just these two guys talking the whole time. The one guy hardly shut up for the whole three hours). It was fun but none of us four girls really talked much because by then there were like fifteen people and I'm always intimidated by large groups of people and I think they were too. Around 12:30 the conversation was still going strong but I'd had enough so I said goodnight and headed back to my dorm for a little peace and quiet (and sleep, hopefully soon).

Day 1009 Song Recommendation: "Resolution" by Matt Corby.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts