Home Sweet Home

     Words cannot express how happy I am to be home. I'm not happy; I'm elated. My soul is rejoicing. It's also a little sad though because the realities of life are coming back...like college and placement tests and other obnoxious things that I don't want to talk about. 
     Today was a pretty uneventful day of traveling. We got to fly first class which was an amazing luxury...the seats literally recline flat into a bed and they give you a pillow and a big fluffy blanket and you have your own big TV screen and the food is actually good and they even give you ice cream sundaes!! I felt guilty the whole time though because I flew in the regular section on the way there and it was not pleasant...and the flight back was two hours longer than the flight there. The guilt, however, was not enough to keep me from taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime privelege...especially the movies. I watched The Jungle Book and it was so good! I probably would've gotten teary at parts if I hadn't been on an airplane. I highly recommend it to anyone. It's kind of like a kid version of Life of Pi...but more interesting. I also watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 which was funny and almost as good as the original and I watched half of The Breakfast Club. I even slept for almost two hours. It was a good time, considering I was stuck in a confined space for 9 hours. 

     Once we landed, we had to go our separate ways because my aunt, uncle, and JP had to go through a different customs area because they were continuing on to Houston. We said goodbye (multiple times) with lots of hugging and my aunt even got teary eyed. I thanked both my aunt and uncle for the wonderful trip because despite every complaint I may have made over the last three weeks and every not-so-perfect moment, it really was a wonderful vacation that I am so lucky to have been invited to go on. 
     I somehow navigated my way through customs and met my aunt and grandma outside. It was wonderful to see faces that were family...but different family.  We talked the whole way home and then when my grandma dropped me off at home it was just me and my house and Murph and Maggie. I was in the middle of feeling sorry for myself about moving when my brother arrived home from work. We did some catching up and then he left to meet up with some friends and a few minutes later my dad came home and we talked for a few hours and I showed him pictures from the trip and now, since it is 5am in Rome, I am ready for bed. 

     I promise THREE songs tomorrow!

-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts