The Fifty Bookish Questions Tag

I haven't done a tag in a while and I think it would be perfect to do one right now.

1. What was the last book you read?

Ash, Melina Lo

2. Was it a good one?

Yes it was fantastic. It's great for anyone who is going through a reading slump.

3. What made it good?

It's the perfect Cinderella retelling. I love the direction that she took the story. It was also a great LGBT read. The writing style was beautiful and eloquent. 

4. Would you recommend it to other people?

Absolutely!

5. How often do you read?

Everyday, if i'm not in a reading slump. Whether it's two or two hundred pages.

6. Do you like to read?

Wouldn't do it if I didn't love it.

7.What was the last bad book you read?

Hm, I don't like this question. Probably Roses by Leila Meacham. Damn that book was depressing. At the same time I am in a reading slump and it's over six hundred pages.

8. What made you dislike it?

The beginning was perfect. The writing was beautiful and the characters were perfect. Then the story just got to long and I stopped paying attention. Like I said before it was really depressing. Shitty things happen to good characters. People you thought were good people turn out to not be. Not good for a reading slump.

9. Do you wish to be a writer?

Yes and no. I would love it but I don't know if I'm good enough. Time will tell if I ever publish anything.

10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?

Yes, absolutely. Books have a lot of underestimated power. I don't know if I could name them all. The Fault in our Stars is definitely one of them.

11. Do you read fan fiction?

For TV? rarely but yes. Books? No. Maybe I would enjoy it but I try not to read more than one thing at a time.

12. Do you write fan fiction?

I used to for TV. I actually let people read it. I have no idea why I did that.

13. What’s your favorite book?

Why? Probably Outlander by Diana Gabaldon or The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

14. What’s your least favorite book?

When I hate a book I usually discard it from my mind. I would have to say Me, Earl and the Dying Girl. Everyone loved that book but I hated it. I couldn't even finish it.  

15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?

Physical books, always.

16. When did you learn to read?

I don't remember. Four or five?

17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?

Either The Outsider, Of Mice and Men or The Sound and the Fury. If you've never read them you are missing out. Basically anything I read freshman or Junior year. Besides Cat's Craddle and Animal Farm.

18. What is your favorite book series?

No, Just no. Here's some of  my favorites.

1. Harry Potter
2. Twilight
3. Infernal Devices
4. Mortal Instruments
5. Darkest Minds
6. Hunger Games

19. Who is your favorite author?

Nice try.

1. John Green.
2. Morgan Matson
3. Jenny Han
4. J.K. Rowling
5. Amy Tintera
6. Kristin Hannah

There's so many more.

20. What is your favorite genre?

I love YA. I love it because it's so broad.

21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?

This to hard. I'll pick one though. Probaby Ruby from the Darkest Minds. That girl goes through a lot of crap. At the same time she doesn't complain that often. Also she's someone that you feel like you can relate to which is always nice.

22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?

Um, isn't that books are supposed to do?

23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?

I can't think of one off the top of my head.

24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?

To all the Boys I've Loved before by Jenny Han. She could have made the first book two hundred pages longer. There was no need for a second book. Now she's writing a third. Am I going to buy it? Yes.

25. How long does it take you to read a book?

Depends on how much I love the book and how much time I have. I used to be able to finish a book in five days. Then life got more busy and now I try to finish a book by a week or a week and a half.

26. Do you like when books become movies?

It depends.

1. Can it translate well to film?
2. Is it faithful to the book(s)?

27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?

The Divergent books. I am so sorry Veronica Roth. Those movies sucked beyond belief. I don't even think they tried.

28. Which movie has done a book justice?

The Hunger Games. The first one wasn't that good but the rest of them were amazing. I cannot wait for my children to see those movies.

29. Do you read newspapers?

No, I'd rather read a book.

30: Do you read magazines?

I don't trust anything that's in a magazine.

31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?

Books.

32. Do you read while in bed?

Mostly everyday.

33. Do you read while on the toilet?

No, That's disgusting. I probably have before though and discarded the memory.

34. Do you read while in the car?

I used too. I was the only one who wouldn't get sick in my family. Now I find myself getting nauseous after a while. It makes me so sad. 

35. Do you read while in the bath?

No, I hate baths. I have read in the shower before.

36. Are you a fast reader?

Yes.

37. Are you a slow reader?

Depends on the book that I'm reading. If I'm not enjoying the book then I will read slower. 

38. Where is your favorite place to read?

The plane. Every time we go to Florida I love the plane ride. I guess because there is literally nothing else for me to do. I also love reading at the library or in bed. 

39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?

Sometimes. If I'm in a reading slump. Also if there is a lot going on around me.

40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?

Depends. I have to listen to music while I read. At the same time sometimes I like silence.

41. Who gave you your love for reading?

My Aunt. She is one of the few people that loves books as much as I do. She told me to read Twilight and that was the book that made me fall in love with reading. I am so grateful to her. Now we recommend books to each other all the time.

42. What book is next on your list to read?

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. 

43. When did you start to read chapter books?

1st grade.

44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?

Kate Dicamillo. I loved Because of Winn-Dixie. I don't know why I didn't read any of her other books as a child.

45. Which author would you most want to interview?

Oh my goodness. That is to hard. Probably John Green. I would love to meet that man and give him a big hug. 

46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?

Morgan Matson or Rachel Hollis

47.What book have you reread the most?

I think Beacause of Winn-Dixie or one of the Twilight books.

48. Which books do you consider “classics”?

Harry Potter books and John Green books. 

49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?

Books that teenagers can actually relate to. I understand that the classics are great but some teenagers could care less about Shakespeare. If we want to instill a love of reading in children an teenagers we need to give them books that they want to read. 

50. Which books should be banned from all schools?

None, banning books is one of the worst things you can do. Teenagers and children need to learn about tough issues. They need to read books about rape, teen pregnancy, drinking and bad decisions. It's a way to talk about terrible acts and situations. We can't just ignore them. If they don't like a book they are reading then put it down. It doesn't mean that another teenager won't get something out of that book.

DFTBA
-AB


 

Comments

Popular Posts