Putting the Fun Back in Sports

Is this for real? Do people actually bear crawl race? That is the best thing
ever. I'm going to become a professional bear crawl racer.
     As much as DL and I appreciate unified sports, we still complain about track a lot simply because we both hate physical activity. But today I actually really enjoyed practice, at least at the end. DL and I got to run a lot of 100 meters, and I was feeling vaguely puke-y as I usually do after running, and I kind of just wanted to go home but then Coach Black decided to have us do a "team building" activity for the last fifteen minutes. We've never done a team building activity before so I was a little skeptical of how this would end up, but it was actually pretty hilarious and fun. We just did a bunch of goofy relays. The first one, I had to hop on one foot, and then DL had to "karaoke" which is that thing where you cross your legs over the other while running sideways, and then the last person had to run backwards and then we switched up teams and then one person had to "Mario" which is like exaggerated skipping and DL had to gallop and I had to bear crawl which was might look easy but is absolutely exhausting and so embarrassing, because I was just like hunched over, shuffling forward on my hands like a cave man and when I was about halfway back I was like "Oh my gosh, this is exhausting!!" and DL was like "Roll!" (we had three options of what we could do for that particular relay: bear crawl, army crawl, or roll) so I somersaulted and then kept bear crawling and then DL was laughing and she was like "I meant roll like a log" and I was like "Oh, awkward." So I looked ridiculous (we all looked absurd) but no one cared and everyone was cheering for their teams and it was just a bunch of uncoordinated people trying their best and I was like "Okay, this is why I like this." Sometimes I need a bit of a reminder. Now I have to go do some labs and read an essay on why we're all weasels. Nice.

Day 859 Song Recommendation: "Its Alright" by the Funshiners. (It should be "It's All Right", but I guess they didn't have an editor when they were writing their song titles...). This song has like four lyrics. Whatever, it's catchy.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts