Wishes from a Seven Year Old

     I've opened the blog about ten times today but I have no idea what to post about again. I'm going through a dry spell.
     I said that I was going to do a second grade edition of my journal, but as it turns out, I became significantly less interesting between the the ages of six and seven, so there's only one entry that's sufficiently entertaining and it's called "Wish".
     Under the title I have seven things I wished for, two of which got scratched out. Here are my wishes:

Fay closer so that I could help her. Play with her. 
Fay is my younger cousin and I was obsessed with her when I was little. Half of my entries were about going to Bowie and seeing Fay. I'm sure she would be flattered to know how much I cared. 

Friends closer. 
5-15 minutes must have felt like eons to my seven-year-old self. 

Same bus with friends. 
I totally understand why this was a wish. I was that lonely little kid who sat by herself and didn't talk to anyone. Apparently MR rode my bus one time and still remembers it but I don't recall this incident at all due to the fact that I probably stared out the window the whole time and pretended like I wasn't there. The bus was torture. 

Instead of old house (100 year old house) a new house. 
This one got crossed off. I guess it wasn't cool to have an old house at the time. But it literally is cool in the winter, which isn't so nice.

More brothers and sisters. 
I think at the time I thought I would be best friends with whatever extra siblings I had, but I have come to the conclusion that one brother is plenty in the sibling department. 

100 acears to play outside. 
I don't know why this was a wish. I already had ten. Who needs more than that? What did I do outside anyway? Run around? Ew. 

[DL] was my sister (my twin sister)
This one was also crossed out. Sorry DL. I guess I realized that DL and I would probably cease to be BFFs if we shared the same house. Or maybe we got into a fight so I crossed it off...

Here are my seven wishes now:

That my friends and I end up right where we're supposed to be next year. 

That my roommate is not a psychopath. 

That we can sell our house and find a new one we all love. 

That that doesn't happen until after Christmas. 

That next week is not as torturous as I am predicting it will be. 

That we get some more snow days. 

That MF has a miraculous recovery from her knee sprain. 

     Speaking of MF, congratulations are overdue for getting into UMD!! I am so happy happy happy for you!!!! The awful wait has finally paid off. And congrats to SR too! And FZ for Elon. I'm very behind on the congratulations. My apologies.

Day 798 Song Recommendation: "Rollercoaster" by the Bleachers.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts