The Stir Crazy Is Real

     This unexpected break has taught me something:
     I need a schedule. I need something to DO. I need a PROJECT. I need HOMEWORK. I need structure. I need a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Or else I will find a way to do absolutely nothing for twelve hours straight, sleep for twelve hours, and repeat. Sure, that's great every once and a while. After nine days though? It's mind-numbing. It makes me want to bash my head against a brick wall for something different to do. I always thought of myself as a person who is good at entertaining myself and doesn't need to be on-the-go all the time. I'm content to just sit at home by myself. And that's still true. But only for about four days at a time. Then I need a few days of hard work so that I can use my brain and my body and not just be a mushy lump on the couch. I realize that these "issues" are 100% my own fault. I could go outside more, I could read more, I could get a job, I could go pick up trash on the side of the road, I could do a crossword puzzle. But instead I surf Pinterest, text my friends, watch Netflix, and watch videos on YouTube about the colleges I applied to, as if they will make my decision easier. I WASTE MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!! And it's 100% my fault. I just need a little shove to get me up at a reasonable hour, a little push to make me productive, and I've come to realize that for me that is school. I'm pretty sure that my lack of creative posts and generally depressing attitude has been due this past week's wacked-out schedule so I am hoping that going back to school tomorrow will make me more lively and hospitable. We can only hope.

Day 799 Song Recommendation: "Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time" by Bon Iver.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts