Giving Keys

Sometimes I find something or someone that gives me more faith and hope in humanity. Yesterday I was working out and while I work out I listen to Rachel Hollis YouTube videos because I am in love with that woman. There was a video entitled 'The Giving Key'. Intrigued, I clicked on the video. She was wearing a necklace with a key on it with the word 'Breathe' inscribed on it. She then of course explained what all of it meant.
Here's a video explaining it better than I can...



The Giving Key company was started by a musician named Caitlin Crosby. She encountered a homeless couple on the streets. She invited them to go out to eat and she learned that the couple wanted to get off the street and she had no idea that this couple would become her business partners. When someone buys jewelry from the company it goes towards someone who needs it. You go on the website and pick a word to go on the key. You pick the word that you need the most.

Love
Believe
Breathe
Faith
Strength
Courage
Let Go

Of course there are many others and you can even make up your own word. My nutritionist told me to buy myself something to congratulate myself for losing so much weight. I told her I would but honestly I wasn't going to because losing the weight was a gift in and of itself. I told myself that I would get a necklace when I lost more weight. I haven't stopped thinking about these necklaces and the fact that it helps people. I was online this morning to 'look' and I bought one. I started asking my friends which word they though I needed the most.

Fiona- Fearless or Hope.
DL & SE- Breathe.

I agree with those but ultimately the word that stuck out the most for me was Love. 2015 was a rough year and love was the last thing on my mind. This year I'm learning to love myself more and that my self worth is not in what I look like or the grades that I get etc. and realizing that there are so many people who love and care about me. The fact that I have so much love to give to others. The world needs more love. The fact that in the end love always wins. No matter what. 

I encourage everyone to buy a key I cannot wait to tell others about this amazing company. Thank God for people like Caitlin and the people who make this wonderful jewelry.

Here's Rachel's video and Caitlin's Ted talk.


DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts