March 2015 Wrap Up

1. Me Before You, Jojo Moyes 5/5 *Favorite*

*Before Reading*
I just found out Sam Claflin will be in this movie! I think I just died. It will be a complete joy to picture him while reading this book. I am dying and screaming internally.











*After Reading*
I'm sobbing, I don't know what to do, how to feel, how to live anymore. How do you move on from a book that may or may not have just changed your life in two freaking days!? This book was amazing went over my expectations. It's amazing how someone can just recommend a book and then you read it and all you can think about is how are you going to get everyone else to read this book? I am crying right now because I just finished the book and i'm speechless. sdflkfjsdlkjrweoriugdfgwrw
What the hell am I supposed to read now?

2. Firefly Lane, Kristin Hannah 4/5

Why is every book that I read sad?
I honestly don't even know how I truly feel about this book. All I know is that I went through a whirlwind of emotions. Almost all the crappy stuff happened to Kate which seemed unfair. I hated Tully though, Oh my gosh I hated her. She was so selfish throughout the entire story and even at the end she tried to redeem herself I just didn't care about her anymore. In fact I wanted nothing to do with her. I guess that's why there's a second book. I think I already know what's going to happen and if it does I think i'm going to flip a table.







3. Bittersweet, Shauna Niequist 5/5

This book was so beautiful. I absolutely loved it. One thing that Shauna always includes in her books is the importance of friendship and it always makes the books so much happier. You could tell that Shauna was passionate about what she wrote.














4. Othello, William Shakespeare 4/5

I think I will forever be a Shakespeare fan. I know a lot of people hates that we have to read his plays but honestly I love it. I guess i'm a nerd in that way. This play was a lot like his other ones. Most of the characters were stupid and the innocent ones die but I think the reason that I gave it a four out of five was because of the message. Throughout the entire play Othello trusts Iago and in fact all of the characters do.They fall into his trap. In a way he kind of represents the devil. He promises happiness but then the characters just end up miserable. He is a regular man who is full of deceit and probably forgot what he was creating all this chaos for. You can't always listen to what other people have to say. You should know and believe what you stand for. Overall it was a lot better than Macbeth. Although I think Romeo and Juliet will forever be my favorite just because that was the first play that I read by him.



5. Once Upon A Day, Lisa Tucker 2/5

As you can tell from the rating I was disappointed with this book. It had a great premise, it sounded like a good mystery but it just didn't deliver. This book was just flat out weird. It had it's good moments but near the end I just stopped wanting to finish. It was to descriptive and I stopped caring. It was a struggle to even finish it really. The ending sucked as well, it ended in one of the worst ways possible.












6. The Bone Season, Samantha Shannon 5/5

I think it's time to read a fantasy book. I'm kind of getting sick of the contemporaries. I never thought that I would say that.
This book was so incredibly good. I didn't know that it was going to be a seven book series but I can already tell that it is going places. Why can't this be the next Harry Potter. I'm so glad that I picked this book up and I NEED THE NEXT BOOK!
That ending though, how could it end like that!?
Here's what makes this book great...
1. Fantasy
2. sexual tension
3. Terrible awful people that you know will have to be killed by the last book.
4. Fighting
5. How could it end like that!?
Overall: I think this is it for the month. I didn't read as much as the last two months which was kind of expected with going back to work. It was pretty good I didn't get to read much but hopefully i'll be able to read more next month.
Spring Break is coming.
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts