I'm Going to Complain for a Bit

     I wish I had something to say, but I really don't. I don't want to complain, but I'm just really bummed out. I'm trying to be excited for Spring Break, but all I can see is the looming mass of homework I have to complete by April 8th, which includes:

  • Researching and writing an outline, introduction, and body paragraph for a paper on King Lear
  • Taking an hour long multiple choice practice test for Lit
  • Writing a forty minute long essay on a piece of prose
  • Writing a forty minute long essay on a piece of poetry
  • Compiling evidence for a monstrous research project for Lit
  • Starting Ceremony and answering questions on it
  • Doing a worksheet on the Disk and Washer method for Calc
  • Completing an entire benchmark for calc (open note, but seriously, that will barely help)
  • Reading two chapters for world
  • Doing the writing exercise for world
     As you can see, I would not be half as bummed if it wasn't for Lit. I appreciate that my teacher is just trying to help us pass the AP test, but I think he could have been a little nicer. I'm sure he's not going to be spending as much time grading papers over break as we will be doing the homework he assigned. Right now, I'm feeling a little animosity towards him. 
     I'm sorry that I couldn't force myself to write a happy post for you. I tried hard all week, and I just had to be honest with you today. I'm not feeling so happy-go-lucky and I really can't think of any way to spin this around so it doesn't seem like I'll be spending a ludicrous amount of time doing homework when I should be relaxing. Yeah, it's Spring Break, but unlike most teenagers around the country, I will not be spending mine having the time of my life. <Cue the melodramatic music.>

Day 490 Song Recommendation: "Satellite" by Guster.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts