Cinderella

     I just got back from the movies where I saw Cinderella with MF and GC and my mom and MF's mom. I don't know why, but I kind of had low expectations for this movie. Thankfully, they were dashed, because I really really liked it!

     Well, I started this post yesterday and never got around to finishing it, so I'll do that today. 
     First of all, the previews that showed at the beginning of the movie were for Pan, Tomorrowland, and Inside Out, which all looked really cute. Usually when you go to a movie there's at least one or two trailers that really don't strike your fancy, but I thought all three of those movies looked good. Then, before
Cinderella actually started, they played the Frozen short, "Frozen Fever" and it was so cute! Every time Elsa sneezed, little baby snowmen formed and ran around the palace. It was adorable. 
     Then, the actual movie: obviously, since it was Cinderella, we all knew what was going to happen, but I think there's something unique in watching a story you already know by heart. Because even though you know exactly how it begins and ends, all the details in the middle are brought to life in such a unique way. At least that's how I felt about this version of  Cinderella. It was interesting seeing all the tidbits they harnessed from other versions. Like the evil cat and the chubby mouse from the original animated Cinderella.
     As far as the prince goes, at first I didn't think he was all that attractive, but as the movie went on, he definitely grew on me and had some moments where I was like "Jeez Louise he's good looking".  And the evil stepmother was so well done. She was truly beautiful and they framed her in such a way that you almost sympathized with her at some parts because you realized that she had reasons behind her cruelty. Of course she was still so malicious and awful, but she was actually portrayed as a person and not just a monster who's cruel for the fun of being cruel.
     All in all, I really liked it, and would definitely consider buying it on DVD when it comes out. It was a very fulfilling and enjoyable remake and it was fun going with my friends and my mom. 

-VaughnDL 





Comments

Popular Posts