A Big Day

     I remember when I was little and I would tell my Mom that I was tired and she would say "Well, you've had a big day". Even if all I did all day was run around in the back yard or finger paint in the kitchen or something, it all constituted as a "big day". Well I can honestly say that today has been a big day, and it didn't even involve finger painting. I woke up at 5:30 am and put on my SAT attire (t shirt, jeans, comfy boots, lucky earrings, cuddly jacket) and gathered my SAT supplies (pencils, snacks, water, ID, etc.) and headed to breakfast with my Dad. I wish I could say it was a fun time but I was so not hungry with the test lookin so close in my future. So I choked down two slices of French toast and a sausage patty and washed it down with apple juice. Then dad drove me to the school where I'd be testing and I was the first person there. Well, tied for first actually. So I say awkwardly in the  cafeteria which highly resembled a prison until some other kids from my school showed up and all crammed into the
table with me. Then I spent the next four hours taking the test. It wasn't so bad really, I feel like I did pretty well, but it was still really draining and time consuming and somewhat nerve racking. 
     Then dad dropped me off at home where I gathered some costuming stuff and headed to the park near my school to help AB, ARB and two of their classmates/friends with a video project for their English class. I played Othello (Theo). While this event had a few fun moments, on the whole we were all miserable and pretty pissed off at each other the whole time. It was super cold and dreary and no one could agree on anything and everyone kept cracking up while trying to film the video clips (me included of course). But AB got me a birthday present, so that was really nice! (Thanks AB I love the books and the bag!) Then we finally got finished and everyone else left except for me and ARB who were kinda stuck there until the coffee shop thing at school so we had two hours to kill which we spent playing on the swing set until it started to rain and we sat in my car and listened to music. Then I (illegally) drove us both to the high school and she went inside to learn how to make special coffee with the rest of the drama club and I sat in my car for another hour waiting for SE and MF who showed up late because SE's car drifted into MF's bushes and they had to yank it out. 
     Then we all went in to the coffee shop together and it was really fun! The food was good, the entertainment was entertaining, and it was great to just
spend a relaxing evening with two of my best friends, (and occasionally ARB when she wasn't making coffee for people). Then I drove home and now I'm here laying in my bed about to drift off to sleep. So I'll end this here before I start sleep-blogging. All in all its been a simultaneously stressful and amazing day. Which is a great way to ease into my BIrTHDaY!!!

-VaughnDL 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts