Random Ramblings

     Well, my brother has officially left to go back to school. That's one thing that really sucks about him going to a Tech School rather than a regular college. His breaks are so much shorter than everyone elses. I haven't had a chance to get tired of him yet! I should be begging for him to leave, not wishing he could stay longer. It's been a great week though, just like old times, me and him punching each other and laughing hysterically at stupid SNL skits. But this is life now. And it contains a lot less of the most supreme Newb.
     On another note, I've decided to totally jack AB's idea and do a sort of monthly movie wrap up type thing, just like she does with her books. I used to recommend a movie every day, but I soon ran out of movies to recommend, because not every movie I watch is really worthy of recommendation. So now I've just been basically ignoring movies all together on this blog, and that's stupid of me, because I AM the movie blogger. So I'm going to do a thing at the end of each month called "This Month's Movies", starting at the end of January (because there's been too many movies this month for me to recall them all). Hopefully it goes well. I've started things on this blog before that have lasted all of ten seconds (flash back to video of the week, which I basically just used to get out of doing a real post, haha). And I still do First Friday Fiction, but I totally forgot this month, so I'm sorry about that too. I just really felt like I should do SOMETHING movie related, because honestly I miss that aspect of blogging.
     Today, hopefully, I will be doing all my stupid break homework so I can spend the rest of the week in school-less bliss before being forced to go back to that awful place. But it is reassuring to know that the school year is almost half way over!!!!! My junior year, as sucky as it has been, is going just as fast as my school years usually seem to go. Only about two more marking periods left! I think I can manage to stay afloat for that long. And then I am fully expecting senior year to be a total breeze, so I'd better not be unpleasantly surprised. And then it's off to college for me! Which is so dang scary but also completely and utterly exciting. Seriously, I cannot wait to go to Messiah. It feels like home to me, I can't imagine going anywhere else, so keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll get in and get scholarships and everything will go swimmingly in the college department.
     Urg, I'm excited for New Years! We always have lots of snacky foods brought by my Mennonite relatives (and believe me when I say that Mennonite snacks are the bomb) and play tons of games and put together puzzles and just have a grand ole time. And this year, in the depressing absence of my brother, I invited AP along to hang out with me while the ball drops. I am sure she'll fit right in with my crazy family, since she's just as crazy herself.
     Well, I guess that's all I have to say. Now I have to go and be productive for a while before inevitably getting back on the computer and indulging in some YouTube videos.

                    -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts