Hello, 2015! (I Copied AB's Post)

     The past few days have been so crazy that I haven't even had a chance to wrap my head around the fact that it's New Year's Eve! I've been losing track of the days, what with not having to go to school, and I keep having to check my calendar to see what day it is. I hadn't even considered making a New Year's post, or a post with any resolutions until I read AB's, which has inspired me to make resolutions that I will undoubtedly not accomplish. Sometimes goals are for making, not doing, right? No? What planet are you from?

  1. Break my cuticle-picking habit ONCE AND FOR ALL! (Yes, this has been an on-going goal for the last, oh, five years.)
  2. Read more! 
  3. Finish writing one of the stories I've started. Ha.
  4. Less time on the Internet!
  5. Don't worry 'bout a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
  6. Get in shape!
  7. Spend more time outside.
  8. Play some ukulele.
  9. Soak up the sun (metaphorically and literally).
  10. Find myself a Frank Porter.
     Obviously, number 10 is the most important.

     So today my aunt, who is a hair dresser, cut my hair, and it's not anything drastic, but it just feels good to get a hair cut because you kind of see yourself differently afterwards, and that's nice. I was so proud of Emily when she got her hair cut. "An hour later, I left the salon with sideswept bangs and hair in long layers that grazed my shoulders, feeling like someone else, but in the best way- like this was a me I hadn't known existed until that moment." I feel you, Emily, I feel you.

     And further copying AB, here are some pictures from 2014:
I turned 16.
AB covers her face in a blurry but candid
photograph from our Dauntless shoot.
I got confirmed.
TJ graduated.

Vista of a beach in St. Thomas Island.
Sapphire Beach at sunset.

DL tried on a gigantic sun hat. Gigantic.
I got my granddad's hand-me-down Nikon.
We got a puppy!

TJ left for college.

We got a dock put in at the Bay.

My cousin got married.

     Well, there are some events of 2014, but I of course left out a lot of them that were even more important. It's hard to pick and choose the events that really made a year, so I just picked some pretty pictures. Happy New Years, everyone!

Day 404 Song Recommendation: "Good Mistake" by Mr Little Jeans. Get the song for free here (since I forgot yet another Free Song Monday).

-SE Wagner








Comments

Popular Posts