Falling In Love With Fictional Characters

     Maybe it's because I'm a music blogger or just a major dork, but I'm falling in love with a fictional character based almost solely on his music taste. And that fictional character is Frank Porter from Since You've Been Gone. Besides being an all-around good guy, he has the best music taste ever! When I read his playlists, I honestly just get so excited when I see songs I know and like that I hadn't thought anyone else had even heard of. I was reading it in the car today and I just wanted to text DL and be like "Oh my gosh I'm in love with Frank Porter. He listens to The Beatles and Jose Gonzalez and The Shins and Death Cab for Cutie and M83 and Of Monsters and Men and Noah and the Whale and Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and Atlas Genius and Passion Pit........." WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER! Emily, on the other hand, likes country and 80s pop, two of my least favorite music genres. Sigh. Now I'm going to go try to make a Spotify playlist of Frank's songs.
     So yeah, I'm just sitting here alone on my bed eating a Nerds Rope which isn't even that good, but it's so weird and sugary I'm eating it anyway. 
     I'm listening to his playlist, and I swear, I'm falling more in love with every word of this song. How is this possible? Note to potential suitors: Either be Frank Porter or make me Frank Porter's playlists, and I promise, if you're a half-decent person, I will fall madly in love with you. 
     I would share the playlist with you, but my Spotify account is under my real, full name and because Spotfiy is stupid, I can't change it. ;(
     So it's a couple hours later and I've already listened to Frank's Mix #4 and Mix #7 and I want to listen to both of them again, but my cousin is coloring on my bed next to me and I feel like I just want the music all to myself, so I guess I'll blog instead and listen later. I'm such a dork, and I'm not going to be ashamed of it. 
     I know AB will freak that I'm saying this, but I'm pretty sure I love Frank more than Augustus. Granted, I haven't finished Since You've Been Gone, so this verdict is not set. 

Day 403 Song Recommendation: "West Coast" by Coconut Records. The first song of Frank's Mix #4.

-SE Wagner 

Comments

  1. Frank is one of my favorite male characters. You haven't gotten to the ending yet though. As long as you don't say that he's better than Finnick Odair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I would never crush your heart like that. I finished it this afternoon after staying up until 1 AM reading. I loved it so much! I'm going to give it to my librarian aunt to read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts