Weird Things I Do When I'm Sick

     If you couldn't guess from the title, I'm sick. I feel pretty icky. And for some reason, every time I feel pretty icky, there are certain things I always do...

1. Wallow
     When I'm sick, I always sit around and just think about how bad I feel. Like, I literally sit in a chair, put on a sad puppy dog face and think "I'm so sick. Sniffle, sniffle. Waaaahhhh."

2. Space Out
     When I'm sick, it's like I'm in this foggy haze where I can't think about anything, except maybe breathing and not being too hot or too cold. And as a result, I don't pay attention to anything else.

3. Get Depressed About Food
     It seems like every time I'm sick, we eat the best food, and then I can't even taste it. I still eat it, with the tiny hope I might be able to taste it a little bit, but then I just get sad when I can't.

4. Watch even more TV than usual
      I know this is nearly impossible, since I already watch TV WAY more than the average human, but when I'm sick, literally all I do is sit on the couch in my pajamas, snuggled up in a blanket, and watch TV or movies, usually sad chick flicks that make me blubber snot all over my face.

5. Expect people to do stuff for me
     "Mommy? Will you make me chocolate milk?" "Daddy, will you get me a blanket?" As if being sick has impaired my ability to walk. I'm pathetic.

6. Get weirdly clingy
     When I'm sick, I always hug people more than I usually do. I feel like this is a bad habit, since I'm probably getting other people sick, but I know especially with my Mom when I have a cold, I always give her a lot of hugs, and lay my head on her shoulder, and call her "Mommy" and hold her hand and stuff. Which is not really like me at all. I wonder why that is...

     Anyway, those are some of the weird things I do when I'm sick. I'm sure other people have other strange habits for when they're feeling gross, but those are mine. :) Hopefully I feel better soon.

TV Series Recommendation (To Be Seen): Reign. I'd heard about this series before, but never really knew what it was about, and had no idea of any of the actors in it. But when I found out today that Megan Follows, AKA Anne from my favorite movie ever, Anne of Green Gables, plays the queen, I almost had a fangirl panic attack. So as soon as I got home from school, I looked up a trailer for the show, and it looks SO awesome. I just wish I had known about it when it first started, because now I'm not sure how I can watch the older episodes from season 1. Oh well, I'll try to find a way, because it looks totally great. Here's the trailer:
                      -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts