Hair Parts?

     I love to bake, and I especially love when the things I bake actually turn out the way they're supposed to. I made some Halloween desserts today and they all turned out basically how I wanted them to and like they looked in the pictures on Pinterest, so that was exciting. But that also meant that I've completely ignored my homework and still need to go do that after I finish this. Oh well. Tomorrow is the last day of the marking period and I know I'll be getting a few Bs, but that's okay.
     So I've been researching something interesting: the Hair Part Theory. Sounds momentously uninteresting, right? But it's actually quite fascinating. The theory is that it is more natural for men to part their hair on the left and men who do this are seen as more authoritative and masculine, as opposed to men who part their hair on the right, who appear atypical or more feminine. All but three U.S. presidents have parted their hair on the left. Superman, for example, parts his hair on the right as Clark Kent but on the left as Superman. Coincidence? Maybe, but it's still interesting. The theory also applies to women, and is the opposite of men. A right part is seen to be more natural for women than a left part, which gives a more commanding, authoritative look. Women in business and politics may part their hair on the left so as to be taken more seriously. It could all be bogus, but who knows.

Day 342 Song Recommendation: "Everybody" by Ingrid Michaelson.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts