Video of the Week: Never Let Me Go

     SE mentioned this video that I recommended to her, and thankfully I have it saved in my "Watch Later" playlist on YouTube and am still able to access it, so I'm posting it here for your viewing pleasure. Like SE's video, this video gives me chills every time I watch it. The first time I watched it, I even had a few tears in my eyes, it's so good.
     Once again, if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, you might not want to watch this, unless you like being spoiled.
     In The Book Thief, there's controversy over whether or not Leisel and Max get married after they reunite, because the book never explicitly says one way or the other, but here's my opinion: Leisel lost everyone in the world that she loved, and that loved her, and so did Max. So when they got to see each other again after being separated for years, and not knowing the fate of each other, and not having anyone else that they loved, I think they would naturally fall in love with each other. I mean I don't know, because I've never experienced the pain and suffering that Leisel and Max and real people like them have experienced. But I believe that if there was only one person in the world left that I cared about, I would want to spend the rest of my life with them, because they understand what I went through. So I think they did get married, but who knows. I doubt if Markus Zusak even knows. And that's okay. It's nice to leave something up to the imagination.
     Anyway, I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do. 


                             -VaughnDL 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts