Technology is Cool!

     I may be a bit biased, but I think the new look of the blog is pretty rockin', ey?? Another big thank you to Cassandra for subscribing! It's great to know people are out there reading what we have to say! (Even if it's a friend from school...haha). All viewership is welcome and appreciated. :) Something that we do at our random-interval "blog meetings" is sort of look at other blogs and see what cool stuff they have that we could integrate to our site. The thing is, none of the three of us are really all that talented when it comes to tech-y stuff, me last of all. HTML is a foreign language to me, I can barely flub my way through simple tumblr controls. But as I'm learning this tech stuff, I'm realizing just how important it is to be computer savvy in our day and age. My parents, for example, know next to nothing about how to competently navigate a desktop, let alone an iPhone (Lord help me when I have to explain iPhone stuff to my Dad) or a laptop, or an iPad. That's not their fault, I know, they were raised in an environment where all this stuff didn't even exist, or at least not in the sense that you could sit down at your desk and freely utilize it. And while I do have my qualms about technology, because in any situation there is the good, the bad and the ugly, I do think that there are a lot of really good things about our current technology. What about the fact that I can literally see my brother face to face whenever I want even though he's two hours away? Or the fact that there are amazing series on YouTube for those of us with attention span issues and can only deal with about 6 minutes of content at a time? I mean come on! Technology is pretty cool. Thanks to all our viewers for making our experience as bloggers in the technology age pretty darn cool.

Movie Recommendation: Pearl Harbor. So when I was a little girl, one time I was watching a movie with my Dad and there was a scene where a soldier type guy gets a shot in his butt by a nurse and for some reason, that scene has stuck with me until this very day, but I didn't know what movie it was. So yesterday I was watching Pearl Harbor and that exact scene came on and fangirled SO MUCH. Over a scene about a shot in the butt, for goodness sake. But I couldn't believe that I'd found the movie I'd subconsciously known about all these years. Anyway, it was really weird, but made me happy to discover it. Anyway, that's completely off topic. This movie is a good one. It's the kind of movie that would make a great date movie, because it has equal parts action and macho man stuff, and sappy heartfelt love stuff too. Which is a good mix.

                             -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts