Girl Online

     I'm kind of out of the loop, so I just found out today that Zoe Sugg (of the popular YouTube channel Zoella) wrote a book! And not your standard famous-person-autobiography book deal! She wrote a fictional, young adult novel! About a girl who blogs anonymously! I know of at least three people who will be reading this book...
     The first 8:44 of the video is Zoe talking about the book, and the rest is her visiting with the SacconeJoly family. Feel free to watch all, some, or none. I don't know why I had to say that.

    Anyway, in case you didn't watch the video, here is a synopsis of the book:
                                   _________________________________________

     I have this dream that, secretly, all teenage girls feel exactly like me. And maybe one day, when we realize that we all feel the same, we can all stop pretending we’re something we’re not… But until that day, I’m going to keep it real on this blog and keep it unreal in real life. 

     Penny has a secret.

     Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

     But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.


                                               

                                 _________________________________________

   
     Sounds juicy! And hopefully really relatable.
     I definitely think I will be ordering it when it comes out.
     Also, Zoe mentions in the video that she wants her supporters/followers/viewers to have a role in the making of the book, and she announced on August 18th on her blog that there will be a photography/cover competition for Girl Online that goes until August 28th. Check it out HERE. The one major stipulation is that the pictures have to be of Brooklyn or New York City. Zoe writes:

I'm so grateful for all of your support, and would love for you to get involved!
With Penguin (The UK Publishers of Girl Online) and Keyword Press (A division of Simon and Schuster, the US Publishers), I'd love for you to become a part of the book cover. The Girl Online Cover will feature several Polaroid-Camera style images, and we'd love to offer you the opportunity to submit a photo on Instagram to be included in one of the Polaroid images. You'll also win a copy of Girl Online, signed by me!

     I'm super psyched for the book to come out and super psyched to see the cover. (One of the pictures better be yours, Cassandra!)

Day 276 Song Recommendation: "The Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon & Garfunkel. I love when he sings, "Heeeeeeeeere Iiiiiiiii ammmmm". It's so pretty.
-SE Wagner


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts