First Day!!!!!!

     The first day of school!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! Always the most dreaded/anticipated/hated/loved day of the school year! Well, first off, I just cannot believe that we are juniors already. It doesn't seem possible for us to be going into our third year of high school. But it's true, and it's crazy and I'm cool with it. Still, I think this year will be one of my tougher ones. I have three AP classes, and I'm confident in AP Gov, but not so much in AP Calculus and AP Literature. I will muddle through, I always do, but it won't be fun, and there will be some anger, no doubt. I already have homework in those two trouble classes, so that's already not a good sign. Anyway, can we just talk about how crazy it is for us to be starting school on August 20th? Every old person I've ever met has said the same exact thing to me since basically kindergarten, and that is "You know, back when I was in school, we didn't start until after labor day." Yes. I know that. We all know that. And we are just as appalled by it as you are. And all these TV and store ads are like "BACK TO SCHOOL! FALL STYLES IN STORE! AWESOME FALL SALES FOR BACK TO SCHOOL!" Ain't nobody in their right mind thinking that August 20th is FALL. I wish it were. I want fall so bad. It's my favorite season. But We still have over a MONTH until it's officially fall, so shut up Macy's about your fall back to school sales. Nobody's buying it. And another crazy thing: just a few minutes ago, my Mom was reading me this thing that the school sent us in the mail about changes to the school lunches, and it was talking about how different and more nutritious the meals are going to be this year (which, for the record, they claim every year) and let me just say that that's some BS. I walked out of the lunchline today with a "chicken enchilada" that looked like a turd wrapped in a napkin. It was gross! All school lunch is gross. But some of us don't feel like packing our lunch, okay, and we shouldn't have to feel pressured to do so because of disgusting cafeteria choices. It all goes back to Student Rights, which I have mightily ranted on about on this blog before. Anyway, with school it always seems like you're going to get a fresh start and a new change at the beginning of the school year, but then things just fall back into their regular mundane routine way too soon, and it's not cool. And I'm sure that's exactly what's going to happen again this year, as always.

Movie Recommendation: How to Build a Better Boy. Now I understand how absolutely lame-o pretty much all Disney Channel movies are, but sometimes you just need an easy cheesy kiddish film to make you feel happy. That's exactly how this movie made me feel. Plus, there was some pretty sweet man candy on screen in this Disney flick, and nobody can argue with that. Me and my Mom watched this together, and we both laughed at all the dumb jokes and rolled our eyes at the cheesy parts, and it was really fun. :)
"Albert" from How to Build a Better Boy. 

             -VaughnDL 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts