Favorite Pictures

     I love lots of things, I have lots of interests, and one of those interests is photography. My favorite type of photography is candid portraiture, or in other words, un-posed pictures of people. I've realized that over the past few months, I have subconsciously saved many a random photo to my computer, and the other day I was looking through them and found some that I really like (duh, or I wouldn't have saved them, right?) So I'm going to show them to you. :)
I love pictures like this because I feel like
they capture the entire essence of an era
in one picture. I mean, this is the 1940s
all rolled into one snapshot. 

I love pictures of couples. I love seeing how people interact
with someone they love in a photograph. This picture always
makes me so happy. 

Circus photos are also always some of my favorites.
They often seem to be both totally happy and
strangely eerie at the same time. 

What I like about this picture is that I'm sure the guy getting
tattooed is in some considerable pain, and the guy giving the
tattoo is totally concentrated, yet somehow it looks like
they're just completely nonchalant. I like it when people's
expressions don't match what they are doing. 

I also always love photos that beg questions. I have a lot when
I look at this picture. Is this a house, or a group home type place?
If it's a group home, why are dogs allowed in there? What is dangling
from the painting on the wall? What is the boy giving to the dog? 

     Even if you don't take pictures and don't usually consider yourself as someone who likes photography, I think we all kind of are at heart. Looking at pictures is one of those things that almost everyone enjoys, and it makes sense. It's true what they say after all, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)


Movie Recommendation: Catch and Release. This is a good Romantic Comedy that also has a deeper message about family and friends. It's not just your ordinary goofy stupid RomCom, it actually has some substance, but also all the happy romantic feels as well. :) 


                              -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts