The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet: Book Review

     These past few days have been a welcome hiatus from my unhealthy obsession with the infinite depth that is the internet, but it's also nice to be back to blogging, back to the same old song and dance. I had a great time on both my trips, and only wish both of them could have been longer.
     On the ride back from the beach (which is about a four hour drive), I finished reading The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet and it was awesome! If you read nothing else of this post, read this: YOU MUST READ The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet. Seriously. It's one of those rare books that pretty much everyone would love. I loved it as a fan of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen in general, but even someone who isn't an Austenite, or even watched the YouTube series would love this book all the same, as a standalone novel. It's so well done, and I totally applaud the author's for that, because they must have spent months simply mapping out the timeline of the story so it would match up with the chronology of the webseries (which it did perfectly). And seriously, the feels are real. I don't want to spoil anything, but when the cute lovey scenes came, it took everything I had in me not to squeal out loud in the car. It's just so exciting seeing something you loved and cherished first as a classic novel, then as BBC miniseries and movies, then as a YouTube webseries, and then full circle back to a novel! I absolutely think that in this case, technology is awesome. It can be consuming and oppressive, and make people stupid, but it can also do amazing things, like make fangirls all over the world do happy dances over their favorite characters in every way imaginable! It's just so amazing. And seriously, I encourage you to get on board the Lizzie Bennet train, by reading this great book, or watching the series, or even just following an LBD themed tumblr blog, because it's just awesome, and I swear you'll fall in love with the LBD/PemberlyDigital community because it's so amazing. :)
                               -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts