Ten Movies You Won't Want to Miss

     Well, there are definitely some crappy movies coming out soon, namely Fifty Shades of Gray, which after watching the preview (it popped up on my Coming Soon queue, don't worry, I didn't seek it out), looks like a very low budget, badly acted out horror movie for desperate and kinky weirdos. But don't let that make you lose faith in movies! Here's a list of ten "coming soon" movies that look totally awesome. :)

1. Whiplash
     Okay, I've talked about him before on the blog, but honestly, in my opinion, Miles Teller is one of the next greatest actors of our generation. His acting is just so raw and real, and in a movie like Whiplash, I think that's exactly what it should be. This movie looks so intense and good, I can't wait for it to come out. Besides Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons is also an amazingly good actor, and this movie might end up being his crowning film, because I think he's going to do an outstanding job.

2. Unbroken
     It's no secret that I love historical films, but this one looks like the kind of movie that everyone can enjoy. It's got the tearjerker factor, the historical aspect, the sports aspect, the war-movie theme, the action stuff. It's all there, and it looks awesome. Plus, it's based on a true story, which is always super cool. And that scene in the trailer where the guy goes "Don't look at me", and the main character immediately LOOKS RIGHT AT HIM, dude, I don't know why, but that sent chills up my spine. I've gotta see this movie.

3. Fury
     Now I usually think Brad Pitt is a little pompous and pretentious, but this movie actually looks really good, and has a star studded cast of other really awesome people, such as Michael Pena and Logan Lerman. It's another historical movie, so it should be totally riveting and good. And it might restore my faith in Brad Pitt as an actor.

4. About Alex
     I feel like this is the kind of movie that would be fun to watch with a group of friends-- probably because it's about a group of friends. Ever since I watched Safety Not Guaranteed I've thought Aubrey Plaza was a really good actress, and really pretty. I'm sure she won't disappoint in this movie.

5. Get on Up
     I love movies about music groups, I don't know why. Maybe they make me think about what it would be like if I actually continued to pursue the violin after high school...but I'm not ambitious enough to keep it up. Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through these movies. Plus, Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis are in this movie, and anyone from The Help gets an A+ in my book. Plus it has the same director, which is also totally A-okay in my book.

6. The Hundred Foot Journey
     This movie looks like it is the kind of film that will leave you smiling all the way home from the theater. Like it's just one of those great, feel good films of our decade. Not too heavy, but not just a lame cheesy movie either. Kind of like a live action Ratatouille.

7. If I Stay
     I already talked a little bit about this movie and book before, but here's the actual trailer. Usually, a book makes me want to see a movie, and sometimes a movie makes me want to read the book, but this time, a movie trailer made me want to do both. I don't now exactly what it is, but something about this trailer just makes me really, really want to dive into this story. I might end up being disappointed by the book/movie, but I don't know. I hope not.

8. God Help the Girl
     I'm not usually a fan of musicals, but this particular musical seems to be of the indie persuasion, and I think that could really work in its favor. Plus, it stars the girl from Series of Unfortunate Events, and she's pretty cool, so this movie should be a winner.

9. Love, Rosie
     Okay, so the first trailer I watched of this movie did NOT do it justice. I thought it looked slutty and disgusting, which, hey, it still could end up being, but then I found this trailer, and it looks so much better upon second watching. It has the lovely Sam Claflin in it, and Mirror, Mirror's Lilly Collins, playing side by side in this BFF love story. I just hope it ends well, because it sure looks like there are some road blocks in the way.

10. Laggies

     I've always really liked Keira Knightley, I think she's very down to earth and an awesome actress, but I've always only seen her in very heavy, very serious roles, so I think this movie will be a nice contrast, since Keira's playing a wacky, juvenile twenty-something who spends a few weeks hanging out with teen friends to avoid her boyfriend. It looks like a fun, lighthearted sleepover-approved movie. Which is just my cup of tea.

                               -VaughnDL 

Comments

  1. They all look so good! I want to see "God Help the Girl". And the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DL you can always make me laugh. You are such an opinionated person. I totally agree with you about Fifty Shades Of Grey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts