No. 1 Stress Reliever (Please Read, AB)

     Another 7 Month 2 Fail: Just discovered I got chocolate smears on my white skirt. Good thing I don't plan on wearing it again between now and August 1st.
     I had planned on talking about a Ted Talks I watched today but then I saw Charlie McDonnell's (charlieissocoollike) Dance Recess video and the video that inspired it and I decided that I would talk about dancing instead. 
     I know that AB has troubles with stress and anxiety and I wish that I was in a position to be able to give her advice on how to get through it, but I have no idea myself. As I said in my "Nerves." post, I get really worried and nervous about things and I have no idea how to not be worried and nervous about things. Today I even looked up "Don't Worry" and "Stress" on YouTube to see if I could find a helpful video to send AB. No luck. Except for one video that talked about how thinking about stress as a good thing makes it less harmful to you. Basically, stress is only bad for you if you believe it to be. I didn't watch the whole video, but it was interesting. Albeit, a little too scientific for me. 
     Soo... I watched another Ted Talks (the video I was going to blog about) and then I watched Charlie's Dance Recess video, and the video that inspired it: How to Take a Dance Recess. And that's when I had an epiphany: dancing. The ultimate stress reliever. Close your door, crank up the music, and just dance. It doesn't matter what you look like. No one is looking. No one cares. Just dance. (Gonna be okay duh duh doo doo just dance...) I'm actually qualified to offer this advice to AB and to everyone else because I've done it many times. It's best if no one is home, because then you can completely let loose and not feel the least bit embarrassed. I can't dance, okay? I can't. But it. Doesn't. Matter. When I'm listening to good music and dancing around my room I feel like I can dance and it's because I'm happy. I just let whatever is bothering me fly out the window and just dance like a maniac (she's a maniac maniac...) Like Linda says in her video: "I didn't know how to dance. But I did it. And in doing something I didn't know how to do but really enjoyed, I learned how to do it." So there. 
     And you know? Throw caution to the wind. Dance in your underwear. Dance with the lights off. Sing at the top of your lungs while dancing. I'm telling you, this is a tried and true method. It's the only stress reliever I've tried that works every time. And it works even when you're not stressed. Most of the time, I dance when I'm happy. But dancing when you're not happy will make you happy. I guarantee it. I know what you're thinking AB: I am not a dancer. I am not going to dance. This is ridiculous, SE. Please shut up. No one wants your "tried and true" advice. Okay, maybe you're not thinking that but I also know you're not turning on your best dancing music, kicking off your shoes, and groovin' to the beat. So all I ask is that you trust me and give it a try. It will work. It's like Vance Joy's EP: God Loves You When You're Dancing. Trust me, you can feel it.

Day 249 Song Recommendation: "Fallen" by Imagine Dragons. This is a good dancing song... In case you needed one to get you started.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts