Mockingjay Teaser Trailer

     So I came downstairs and saw my parents watching a movie on TV and John Travolta was in it and I know it's weird, but every time I see John Travolta I can't help picturing him as a woman cuz he's played a woman in a couple movies and so I was like "What're you watching?" and my parents were like "We don't know" and my mom was like "I think the guy gets a brain tumor and dies in the end. After falling in love with a girl." And then a couple minutes later my dad looks it up and it turns out it's called "Phenomenon" and he reads off what it's about and my mom's like "Yeah, I've seen this before. He gets a brain tumor and dies." And we're all like "Way to spoil it, Mom." 
     Anyway, that's not what this post is about. I couldn't think of what to write about so I emailed DL and she suggested talking about the "Mockingjay" teaser trailer and I thought that was a good idea, so I first watched the trailer (good start, right?) and now I shall talk about it. Except first I must mention that it is a coincidence that DL should suggest talking about the "Mockingjay" trailer because today I saw somebody reading Mockingjay at the pool. She looked like she was in her 20s or so and I thought "Wow, it's kind of cool that it's such a universal series that pretty much anyone of any age could read it and like it." Also, I reaffirmed my dislike of e-books because you can't tell what someone is reading. I judge people by the books they read. So much harder to do when it's a piece of plastic. 
     ANYWAY. Jeez. 
     "Mockingjay" trailer. 
     I'm wondering if all of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's parts were filmed before he killed himself. I can't imagine how that affected the whole cast and crew and his family and friends. It must have been awful. I can't imagine. So I wonder if his death will come through in the movie or not. Like whether you'll see a change in the actors because of it. I know that I won't be able to stop thinking about it during the movie. 
     I'm also wondering if the whole movie is just going to be fighting and killing. I hope not. I get that it's a revolution and everything and there's going to be fighting and death. I've read the book. But I hope there is time for the casts' acting to shine through and not just their stunt jobs. Jennifer Lawrence is such an amazing actress and I want to see that, not just her running and fighting and being a figurehead for a revolution. Basically, I really hope "Mockingjay" lives up to "Catching Fire".
     Lastly, and I know this is stupid, but I won't be able to stop thinking about Jennifer Lawrence wearing a wig. The whole time I'm going to be trying to see if it looks like it's fake. Like I said, I know how stupid that sounds, but I can't help it. 
     I would include the trailer for your viewing pleasure, but I'm using my iPad and don't know how to embed videos on here. That's also why the font is messed up in all of my posts and the pictures are too big. I apologize. Things will be back to normal in just a few days. 
     Oh! And a huge "GOOD LUCK!" shout out to AB on your driving test. I know you'll pass. The worst part is imagining it. As soon as it starts, you're golden. And also, I hope you enjoy "Legend" as much as I did and I hope it helps take your mind off the test. 

Day 248 Song Recommendation: "Brace Yourself" by Howie Day. 
-SE Wagner 



Comments

Popular Posts